“Not impressed” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Osteria da Bartali

Osteria da Bartali
Ranked #8 of 399 Restaurants in La Spezia
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Melbourne, Australia
“Not impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Searched trip advisor for places nearby with good reviews and found this place. I found it very average. The waiter/owner/chef was lovely and the atmosphere was very homely but from where I was sitting I could see them heat up my vegetable entrée in the microwave and my pasta come out of the packet, I'm not sure about the sauce but it tasted like it may have come from a jar. Perhaps I picked poorly because my husband enjoyed his meal which was bbq'd seafood. Overall fairly average.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Antwerp, Belgium
“Wonderful food in a great atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

We had an amazing Italian dinner in this small Osteria. The chef welcomes everyone himself, takes orders, brings the food and also prepares the food. So it is a little hectic but the result was unbelievable. As a starter (15€) I had the mixed seafood. there came 7 (!!!) separate dishes, all seafood, differently prepared, but all excellent. Then a great main course and the dessert was to die for. We ordered only one dessert to share but ended up ordering another one as it was fingerlicking good!!!

Also the housewine (I believe there is no other wine) was very cheap and very good!

Our compliments to this great chef! If ever back in the area, we will be back!

• Visited September 2011