“Great return visit.”

Osteria Della Corte
Ranked #17 of 533 Restaurants in La Spezia
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Fantastic little restaurant, not far from Hotel Firenze e Continental. Great food, the chef (she) and (i think) the owner (photographed on their web page) are really friendly and chatted with me about my choices. He asked me all about my preferences before recommending a lovely local wine.
Reviewed May 10, 2016

We have just returned to this great Osteria after four years and had a most enjoyable evening thanks to Andrea,Silvia and team.The service,attention and food and drinks are fantastic.Since our last visit Andrea has help from two very capable and pleasant waiters and there appeared to be extra staff in the spotless kitchen. Advised to book as it is a only a small space( maybe 30 seats?).It has been the best dining occasion we have had on our current Europe trip.Good luck Andrea and Silvia and we hope to visit again soon.

Date of visit: May 2016
Write a reviewReviews (1,560)

Reviewed May 10, 2016

Luckily we made a reservation for this restaurant because when having dinner we saw many people been send away because it was fully booked.
We also know why. Because the quality of food is excellent !! Real value for money.
A pleasant surprise

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed April 2, 2016

I do recommend a reservation if trying to dine on a Saturday night. We arrived a little after 7 ( very early by Italian standards) to be informed they were entirely booked for 8 PM. We were admitted very nicely to the small dining room ( maybe seating for 20-25 people) and asked by the cook to please respect a quick time frame. They never rushed us at all. The staff spoke English making ordering easy. I had a pasta with broccoli in a very light cream cream sauce which was lovely to look at and even better to eat. The aldente pasta was perfectly prepared. My husband had the ham to start (which was a luscious prosciutto). They split the order between us in lovely elongated dishes with a side of marinated cabbage, onions and broccoli. He also had the pasta with seafood. The seafood was in tiny bite sized pieces with the pasta and a tomato broth. The flavor was delicate and engaging. For dessert we shared a creamy cool milky confection in a dark chocolate sauce with a rolled thin cookie that melted in your mouth. This was the best meal we have had in Italy. We have eaten in Milan, Genoa,Portofino thus far. I can't imagine food looking or tasting better!

Date of visit: April 2016
1  Thank gypsygirl1212
Reviewed April 2, 2016 via mobile

The restaurant is a little far from the train station, which takes us a while to find it. We shared three courses, including two different pasta and one appetiser. The raw fish are fresh and so delicious.

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed March 29, 2016 via mobile

The food was ok! Was expecting more after reading many positive reviews but the staff was truly smiley and friendly! My children are very well! I had very high expectations but overall a good experience!

Date of visit: March 2016