“Delicious Pasta, Great Service, Good Value”

Osteria Della Corte
Ranked #3 of 425 Restaurants in La Spezia
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Fantastic little restaurant, not far from Hotel Firenze e Continental. Great food, the chef (she) and (i think) the owner (photographed on their web page) are really friendly and chatted with me about my choices. He asked me all about my preferences before recommending a lovely local wine.
Lyon, France
“Delicious Pasta, Great Service, Good Value”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We went here on a week night for a special dinner - and it was! The place was full so I recommend you reserve. The service is friendly but discreet (not pushy, very polite).

We had a glass of prosecco to start then had a parmesan cheese tasting plate - 3 different types with a rich, perfect honey and a small sort of omelette tart.

I had amazing fresh pasta (tagliatelle) with chive and small asparagus, while my husband had a creamy amazing risotto with sardines and burrata cheese. Delicious!

As secondi, I had a white fish wrapped in bacon and my husband had lamb chops with potato - everything was perfectly cooked.

The wine and grappa were also well-advised and to our taste. Wonderful meal, wonderful atmosphere. Not to be missed!

Our final bill was 108 euros (including 2 glasses of prosecco and a full bottle of great red wine and grappa). Very reasonable.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank SarahParis

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Huron, Ohio
“Just so charming”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We were staying at the B&B Villa Amaranta up in the hills overlooking La Spezia. Which is also a fantastic place that should be visited for a stay. The folks at the Villa recommended the Osteria Della Corte and we were so glad they did. In the city tucked down a side street this place is well worth finding. Park anywhere you find a spot and walk. Not very large but so charming and delicious. They have a sparkling effervescent water that really hits the spot and come right out of the tap. We loved the bread and the food was fresh and wonderful and the house wine was also a great choice. By all means find this place when in the area.

1 Thank Alan S
Horgen, Switzerland
“A very good Choice”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

The Osteria della Corte is in downtown La Spezia. It's small but very charming. The Meals are outstanding (try the Fish !). The Service is great and fast. The Spaghetti with Gamperi and Black Truffels leaves you breathless. They have an excellent and big Wine Card (the Sicilian Reds from the Aetna region are great !). Also have a good look at the Dolci (Parfait Pistacchio). Only drawback where the Restrooms here some love to the details would give an "Excellent" and not just a "Very good" rating.

Naples, Italy
“Just do it!”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Food was delicious, flavor tantalizing and quality service. Had the sea bass with artichokes in a whipped up mashed potato type....it was divine. I still remember it and savor each bite. Would love to go back, but stayed in La Spezia only 1 night.

Food was reasonably priced, 2 primi, 2 fish dishes, water frizzante and vino della casa were only 59€. Not too shabby. The best part is that you're suppose to have reservations on a Saturday night and when we walked in at 2000, they looked around and made it work :) So, thankful they squeezed us in! Buon Appetito!

2 Thank Go_Gina_Go
NY
“A very unique and memorable meal.”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I had both lunch and dinner here the other day.

Loved the fresh langoustine.

Clams were slightly sandy.

Shrimp crevice was fresh and delish. The only restaurant that I've eaten in the past 2 weeks that actually took the time to clean the veins.

King crab was delish and had a nice crust on it. the splash of balsamic made a big difference.

Cod with bacon and mash was good, but slightly dry.

Risotto was ok.

I asked Andrea to pair my main course with a bottle of the 2007 Bruno Giacosa Falletto, I got the pigeon with foie gras and shaved white truffles. I was blown away how well they paired and thought that it was a match made in heaven. Really glad that they 'get it'. The wine was only 60 euro, about half the price of what I paid in Barolo.

A very unique and memorable meal. Little wonder why it's rated a 'best value restaurant' in La Spezia by Michelin.

Will return again and drink all of Andrea's Barolos.

1 Thank a9zn