“Simple, warm, and friendly.”
Review of Hotel Birillo

Hotel Birillo
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in La Spezia
Reviewed April 6, 2013

My daughter and I like to hike Cinque Terre. Looking for an inviting hotel away from the tourist areas, my daughter found Hotel Brillo in La Spezia, a short train ride away. This is a wonderful, simple, warm, and friendly place to stay. The rooms are simple, neat, and spotlessly clean. The bathrooms are more cozy than small. The hotel staff are super warm and friendly. I looked forward to breakfast because most everything was home-made. Yogurt, bread, and pastries were outstanding.
As my daughter and I departed, we felt as though we had just left family.
Wonderful hospitality and memories. Thanks.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JoelW3
HotelBirillo, Responsabile reception at Hotel Birillo, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2014

It was a real pleasure to have you here
You were very nice to me
I will have a nice memory of you ^_^

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I have stayed at Hotel Birillo for several weeks every year now for the past 4 years and am planning on coming back in June. It is my home away from home. Sara is wonderful. The breakfasts superb. The facilities including free wifi, airconditioning excellent. The location so convenient to some of the most spectacular places to visit--all within a day's train ride once you have explored Cinque terra, Portovenere, and Lerici on the beautiful Gulf of Poets. The villages in the coastal mountains are unique and well serviced by buses from La Spezia. Pisa, the walled city of Lucca, Portofino, Parma all can be explored while basing yourself in La Spezia and you won't find better value than Hotel Birillo--or a warmer welcome.

Room Tip: some street traffic noise is unavoidable unless you ask for an inside room
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank leslie_levy83

Funny, how I replied to your new comment first, now I'm doing my homeworks ^_^
I don't ask you how you are, because I know =), writing emails every month, I don't have words to say what you are for me Leslie, something special for sure =)

Reviewed April 4, 2013

I went for a one week trekking and decided to stay in La Spezia with my dad and boyfriend. We had a wonderful stay at Hotel Birillo. The hostess is absolutely amazing. She speaks at least three languages, makes almost all of the delicious breakfast treats herself and works around the clock to make sure the guests are comfortable. We all felt like this place was home for a week because of the excellent hospitality. Thank you so much Hotel Birillo! We hope to return soon!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ALW2013

Thank you Anna!
It was so nice.
For me it was the same, I felt like I was with friends, and this year was the same thing
I hope that I could see you again next year, with love
Sara

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Stayed here for one night when visiting Cinque terre. The location was nice, and rooms nothing more than OK. I know it's only two stars, but still the bathroom was terrible! Not enough room to even turn around in the shower. Water FREEZING cold. Also felt dirty. Very glad we stayed for just one night. The price was to high compared to the standard. If staying for onlye one night and not planning to use the shower, I guess you'll be OK. The city La spezia was really nice though!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Hi
In case you could come back, you will find a totally different situation
It doesn't look like the same place =)

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I found the helpful, knowledgable clerk to speak excellent English. She offered excellent restaurant suggestions. The B & B breakfast was ample and varied. The room was clean and comfortable. A PC in the lobby was free to use for email and web. Unsecured wi-fi operated in some parts of the facility. I stayed for four nights and would happily stay there again if/when the opportunity arises.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank 743ChrisA

It's easy to give excellent service when you have excellent guests
If you want to come back , you are always welcome here!

Reviewed April 2, 2013

it`s a very clean comfortable hotel, the service it's incredible, all of them are very nice and polite, they are always willing for help you in all, the price isn't very high and is in a very good place near the train station. in general, a very good experience.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Pepe C

Reading things like this make us feel better andvery appreciated
You don't know how much it helps =)

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Enjoyed our stay at this very clean and comfortable hotel. It has a great location, helped with our bicycle storage and wonderful service. The room had just been renovated, it was modern and bright. Only downside is the ensuite bathroom was very small and the shower tiny. But we figured if it had a bigger bathroom, the price would be much higher

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

It was really wonderful for us when we were giving for the first times our renovated rooms
And things went great
So thank you for testing
Now everything changed a lot as well.
You are always welcome if you want to visit us again
Thank you so much!