“Great Breakfast and Convenient Location”
Review of Hotel Birillo

Hotel Birillo
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in La Spezia
Reviewed September 20, 2012

My husband and I have been car-camping in Italy and wanted to do an extended Cinque Terre walk. We had help finding where to safely park our car (the train station) which is a close distance to the hotel. The staff was friendly and informative, the caffe macchiatos delicious and this stay definitely added to our whole experience. Due to the convenient location there was street noise at night (it is located fairly close to the fun-zone) - but that's why ear-plugs were invented!

Room Tip: There is no A/C, the first night we stayed in a corner room, great cross ventilation, but more stree...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelBirillo, Responsabile reception at Hotel Birillo, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Thank you very much for your review.
Yes theese days were busy so there was a lot of traffic, it's not like this everytime
I hope you can come back again
We're glad you liked our caffe macchiatos

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Sara and her exceptional customer relations make this two star a five star! She was helpful, friendly and her homemade breakfasts are amazing. My husband and I have travelled all over Europe and never had a breakfast like this. The bathrooms may be small but the bedroom was a great size and the location is ideal to explore the Cinque Terre. Thanks so much Sara and I am missing your breakfast creme de brule.
Beth and Bill McCracken (Vancouver, Canada)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Hello!!!
It was a wonderful time with you here, very busy but wonderful!
And when I read something like this, I'm really full of joy and satisfation, because all we do here is for your happiness; your review let me know that we succeded in it, that's what we work for.
I hope you're having a good time, please if you come back to Italy, visit us again!!!even for a coffee ( or a creme caramel )
Ciao
Sara

Reviewed July 7, 2012

This was a nice stay and we were able to negosiate a good rate. Hotel Birillo is about a 10 minute walk to the railway and pretty much close to the center of town. The rooms, though extreemely small, were furnished and decorated well. The hospitality shown by the operators was great and they were a wealth of knowlege.

Room Tip: The newly renovated rooms on the second floor.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Hello!
I don't remember if we told you that you were the first people trying the renovated room, but we're working to renovate all rooms.
We hope you enjoyed your staying
Thanks and the best regards

Reviewed July 4, 2012

Yes, the price is reasonable.
But the best there is Sara (the receptionist).
She is so friendly and kind and ready to help you.
And you have to go to the restaurant she recommends.
I stayed there two nights just for a day-trip to Cinque Terre.
But the stay there gave me more pleasing memories than Cinque Terre did.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo

We really appreciated what you said
Your words made us feel really important
Wish the best for you

Reviewed June 1, 2012

For such a reasonably priced room, I would give it a very good rating. The young woman, Sara, who ran the place made it all the more comfortable. The continental breakfast, and great coffee was an added plus. Although not an upscale place, it met our needs. The room was clean, the bed comfortable, and the shower was fine.

Room Tip: We asked to see the room prior to staying there
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Karenh516

Hello
the time spent together was great
We're glad when people are so happy of our services and I really appreciated your being so caring about us as well
Best regards

Reviewed April 9, 2012

<<my husband and <i stayed here one night. The gal at the front desk was personable and very helpful. She spoke English and made a fabulous cup of cappucino in the morning and the breakfast was good with yogurt, kiwi, <italian pastries, cereal and poached eggs. The room was small but very clean, the bed was comfortable and the water in the shower was hot...just how <i like it. This was the last room open in the hotel with a small single bed and because we were on our honeymoon it was perfect. We will always remember our first night in <italy at the <hotel Birillo. <now we are on our way to make more memories...and yes we would probably stay at this hotel again.....it was clean and simple.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Hello
knowing it wasn't the best for a honeymoon, I'm glad you enjoyed your staying, you said it was a romantic situation anyway , in Easter period it's always hard to find a place
You wew really kind and I was so happy you loved the cappuccinos
Bye

Reviewed March 6, 2012

I looked and looked for something "reasonably priced" for one person in La Spezia for the night and at 37 euro (including breakfast) it was the best I could do! Very friendly girl who speaks English at reception, there is no elevator so getting up the stairs was a bit tough. Breakfast was the standard spread, including: yoghurt, coffee, cereal, croissants, ham and cheese and fruit. My room had a single bed and a small balcony. It smelled damp, but for the price it was comfortable as wifi was free and there was a TV. The bathroom was a bit average, the kind where water goes everywhere after being in the shower but it was clean, comfortable and centrally located. Would I stay there again? Yes.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
HotelBirillo, Responsabile reception at Hotel Birillo, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2014

Hi,
we're glad taht you appreciated the srvice for the price you paid
We invite you to come back, because we have very nice rooms now, and amazing breakfast =)