“Enjoyable evening in La Spezia”

Antica Hostaria Secondini
Ranked #29 of 494 Restaurants in La Spezia
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 20, 2016

We felt very welcomed, Simona and her husband are wonderful hosts. The hostaria is situated above La Spezia with a wonderful view of the city. I recommend the muscles (cozze) for both the primo and secondo, the small cozze served with the homemade tagliatelle were delicious. Also had the antipasto with the fried baccala which was perfectly fried and very light. I can't wait for my next trip to La Spezia to return the Secondini and would recommend a visit for a great meal.

Date of visit: August 2016

Reviewed August 9, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I recently took the cooking class here and it was one of our most memorable moments on our Italian vacation. Simona was a wondeful teacher and the pasta and pesto we prepared was delicious. The highlight was the unexpected way we were served our creations following the class. We were treated as very special guests where we were asked to get washed up following the pasta prep, seated in the dining room and then graced with many different courses of INCREDIBLE Italian cuisine, sone if which of course included our pasta and pesto from the class, but many other delicious accompaniments. Such a memorable experience, and we were sent home with aprons, recipes and wondeful memories.

Date of visit: August 2016
1  Thank TravelHappyAleata
Reviewed August 2, 2016 via mobile

We stopped in at Secondini before they were open
The host was very kind to us, asked us to sit and have a glass of wine while we waited for our friend.
When we returned that night we enjoyed a delicious meal, the ravioli were absolutely fantastic, freshly made and delicately flavoured.
Simone, the chef recommended a local red wine that went well with the meal.
I heartily recommend making a trip there, taste real home style cooking.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed May 16, 2016

Great time and great people!!! And the food was delicious and amazing!! I will def return there if I ever have a chance!! I tasted so many great dishes and people working there were so welcoming!! Awesome experience!! Highly recommend also the cooking classes held in the morning.. learned a lot of new things!!

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed May 16, 2016

I had a blast with my friends while learning how to make Italian food (ravioli, pesto).. Such a great time!! Simona was awesome and taught us a lot of secrets!! For lunch we were able to eat the food we cooked and other typical Ligurian food!! Highly recommend this place to everyone who wants to have great time and good food!

Date of visit: May 2016