WINNER WONDERLAND

“Quite a Memorable Experience!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Antica Hostaria Secondini

Antica Hostaria Secondini
Ranked #56 of 404 Restaurants in La Spezia
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
San Diego, CA
“Quite a Memorable Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

I'm the mom who was fortunate enough to accompany my daughter and granddaughter to this wonderful cooking class. This was such a highlight of our trip! My granddaughter came up with the idea and did the research, so that makes it even more special. The three of us had a private lesson in Italian cooking by the talented and warm-hearted Simona, who shared her restaurant's cooking and dining facilities with us. We had a very enjoyable time making our very own pasta, pesto, and meatballs. It was the most remarkable day and, to finish it off dining on the patio of this wonderful restaurant, was absolutely the BEST! I really can't wait to return and have been telling everyone about this incredible part of our Italian vacation.

Visited June 2012

San Jose, California, United States
“Fabulous Italian Cooking Class near Cinque Terre”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

This is the first review that I have ever written on a website. I felt compelled to share the details about the wonderful cooking class that we took with Simona. My mother, daughter and I were picked up by Simona at the train station in La Spezia, and driven to her family's charming restaurant in the hills of La Spezia. Simona and her husband were very inviting and friendly. She taught us how to make pasta, pesto and meatballs. We had the most wonderful experience that we will cherish forever. After making the meal, she then graciously served us on the patio, offering us wine and the homemade bread to complete our lunch. When I say that the food was delicious, it is only because I cannot find a stronger word to describe how truly great it was. I cannot wait to teach my friends her techniques, and look forward to using her recipes for my family forever. Ciao and grazie to Simona!!

• Visited June 2012
7 Thank Kim E
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Incredible experience, wonderful food, Italian cooking master class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2012

After returning to our hotel and loosening our belts we felt complelled to let everyone know of our wonderful afternoon and evening with Simona and Andrew. We were picked up at La Spezia station by Simona and driven to a charming restaurant in the hills of the town, there we prepared scrumptious bread, pasta and pesto all while sipping on some lovely regional white wine. The food was amazing! We will need to climb the 382 steps a Coniglia a few times tomorrow to burn it off though. A true sense of holiday adventure! We loved it!

1 Thank FranciscaKimMelita
Evans, Georgia
“Fantastic Place to go if you visit the Cinque Terre.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2011

For a few brief hours my two sons (18) and I where part of a traditional Italian family that had had this resturaunt for generations. We took a cooking class. We where welcomed by Simona, the fabulous chef, who picked us up at the train station. She drove us to her restaurant. Then taught us how to make sgabei, pasta and pesto. When we finished cooking, she treated us to course after course of fabulous Ligurian dishes. Her 90 year old grandmother still comes by to peel and cook potatoes and her husband tends the dinning room. It is truly a family run business. We felt so welcome and had some of the best food we had had our entire trip. The restaurant sits on top a hill just above the coastal part of La Spezia.

• Visited June 2011
2 Thank tbpavey
vernazza
“THE BEST PLACE FOR RAVIOLI...AND MANY OTHER FOOD THINGS!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2011

The authentic recipe plus fantastic variations on the main theme can be tasted at this old "Trattoria" on the hills of La Spezia
Really a must not to be lost when touring Cinque Terre Riviera
and why not taking a cooking class with Chef Simona - every Tuesday (other days on request) Cookery School for learning the secrets of Ligurina Cousine
and meals,,,just delicious
after ravioli, ravioli and ravioli, great "stoccafisso", "trippa", "coniglio" and fantastic desserts
the canteen is well manged by Endrio, owner and Simona's husband
Really a treat!