“A lovely stay in Genoa”

Ranked #32 of 163 Genoa B&B and Inns
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
“A lovely stay in Genoa”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We stayed here of three nights and it was a wonderful place to stay. Manuela was so helpful in directing us to restaurants and places we wanted to visit, she speaks perfect English. Our room was spacious and comfortable and it was lovely to relax in the big sitting room at night.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jennifer C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Sussex
Reviewed February 22, 2012

We have just had 3 days at this bed and breakfast and were delighted in every aspect. Manuela is a perfect host. Speaking excellent english, Manuela helped us really enjoy our visit to Genoa with her knowledge, recommendations and practical help. Manuela lives with her family above her bed and breakfast apartment so the accommadation space, with kitchen and sitting area is yours to enjoy (total of just 2 guest rooms). The apartment is beautifully furnished and spotlessly clean. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: There is no bed and breakfast sign on the front of the building so you need to look for Manuela'...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank windsorsoup
Biot, France
Reviewed December 14, 2011

I found Casa Aurora through previous reviews on TripAdvisor. I had to go to Genoa for work and needed somewhere inexpensive to stay. As my budget wasn't big, I decided I would much prefer to stay in a B&B than a grotty cheap hotel in a seedy area. So I settled on Casa Aurora as it was very reasonably priced (50 euros a night) and very well located.

It was everything I could have hoped for and more. The owner (I forget her name, but a lovely lady!) was so kind and friendly, and made me feel completely welcome in her lovely home. The B&B area is separated from her family's residence, so I didn't have the feeling of being in the way, which you sometimes get in a B&B run from someone's house. My room was clean, charming and very homely. She laid out a lovely breakfast for me each day, and helpfully provided tips and information to make my stay easier.

I would not hesitate to go back there if I find myself in Genoa again. I have recommended it to various people who have gone to the city since, and they have all been very satisfied. The only downside is the mammoth staircase, but actually having that invigorating bit of exercise every day made me feel better about devouring the lovely breakfast at Casa Aurora.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank seecs
Lausanne, Switzerland
Reviewed October 23, 2011

Casa Aurora in Genova, simply put, they are wonderful people. It is more like staying with relatives/family (or at least ones you would want to LOL) then away from home. The room was perfect for myself, husband and 5 yr old daughter. She loved the jacuzzi tub ;-) and spending time in the big open area in the evenings was really nice. We even fixed a meal one evening in the well equiped kitchen. The restaurants all around the are are a bit overpriced and not up to standards at least for us, so really enjoyed being able to use the kitchen. Do pack a small separate bag if you are traveling for an extended period of time and this is just a stop over on your trip. The stairs are exactly as the state to you. Fifth floor, no lift. An overnight is better then all of your luggage. But when exploring Europe, if you aren't in shape for a few flights of stairs, you might want to stay home, we all walk, climb and walk some more here.

Cheers

AZ Native-living in Switzerland

Room Tip: Parking anywhere in Europe is challenging at best, just pay for the parking garage and enjoy your st...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 9, 2011

We spent two nights at Casa Aurora and this is one of the best accomodations we have stayed throughout our trips around Europe. The owner, Manuela, was so friendly and helpful; and she made us feel welcome. The room was very clean and very spacious. The bathroom was also very clean.

The accommodation is located on the fifth floor of a 'palazzo', in the centre of the old city. The buidling has a grand entrance and high ceiling. All tourist atttractions are within walking distance. If you want to stay in an excellent quality B&B in a Very central location, you cound't ask for more than Casa Aurora.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank F00dGal
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 1, 2010

Manuela our host couldn't have been more helpful. Gorgeous building. If you can cope with 5 flights of stairs it's the best.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Jan4317
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 27, 2010

I stayed there for 3 nights with my family and I really liked it! Great location, very clean, lots of room in the bedrooms. The hostess is very friendly and gave us a lot of useful information! The breakfast was very good as well (continental).

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family