Real 5 stars experience at an affordable price. The look & feel of this impressive hotel is comparable to hotel costing 300 Euro per night. Room decoration and cleanness, breakfast and exercise room are all superb. The location is within walking distance from all major attractions and shopping centers in Genoa including the football stadium. Walk north on via corsica 500 meters then take the public elevator on the right to reach via settembre and you are all set from there.
We stayed 4 nights, April 2013 with our 7 years old kid and even got to see the Inter Milan football team who also stayed in this hotel.
Few things to note:
1. Parking - costs 35 euros a day, if you choose to use the hotel parking. Well, that's a bit drastic however note that parking on the street for a full day will cost you 30 = (2.5 X (20-8))
If you arrived exhausted after flying from Tel Aviv and driving from Nice, France in the middle of the night like us that's a bargain. But the next day take your car and park it on the street. You can easily find parking within 500 meters range (Via Mora Del Prato seem to have free parking places any time of day and there are plenty of automatic ticket machines).
2. Room service - charges extra 10 euros for every delivery and the plates are really small (but tasty) if you are with kids and able to walk, consider the McDonald's not far away on Via Settembre.
3. Pool - very classy and relatively small. This is not an Olympic pool and not really good for swimming.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the exclusive Carignano district just steps away from the city’s commercial, cultural and financial centre, is the ideal venue for business travellers and for short holiday stays, also for the entire family. 99 rooms equipped with all the conveniences and immersed in a modern, luxurious setting including the unique Newport Presidential Suite with a private hydro massage tub on the terrace. The Grace Restaurant welcomes guests in a setting of sober refinement. The cuisine combines the flavours and aromas of Liguria with the pleasures of traditional international cuisine. The Wellness Club Azure is equipped by an exercise pool, water jet hydro massage tub, Turkish bath, tropical and mist showers and a fitness area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Orbitz, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Melia Genova reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Genova Hotel Genoa
- Bentley Hotel Genoa