CIT Hotel Britannia
Hotel Nuovo Nord(Genoa)
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewstrain stationmain stationcontinental breakfastmini fridgepiazza principecruise terminalold citycroissantswithin walking distancestar hotelgood sizestayed one nightminute walklocation is excellentcity centrevery nice hotelport
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I'm giving this hotel and excellent rating for the price and the friendly staff. It is not a upscale 5 star hotel. But for a single mother who likes to take her kids on adventures to see the world without a ton of money to spend, this is a great place to stay. We had 6 people in our group and the room was large enough for all of us to fit comfortably. They had a service that parked our cars for us and brought them back when needed, which was very convenient since parking is hard to find. It is close to the water and within walking distance to some neat places.
I would recommend this to anyone who like me needs a nice place to stay without loads of money to spend!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank NataleeK1104
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Having read a few poor reviews on this hotel our expectations were not high, sure it's not in the most salubrious of areas and the entrance is not the most imposing, but the reception we received was welcoming and helpful. Our room, at the rear, overlooked a car park and had some noise but generally it was fine, clean and functional. It's was split level with steep steps which may present a problem for some. The bar prices were fair and all staff helpful. Some nice trattorias close by. Easy access to the station.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Leigh O
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We were looking for a relatively cheap hotel to stay in for the night on our way back from Cinque Terre to Geneva. We paid about $100 for it for the night. I am guessing that is a good price for a hotel in Genoa but it wasn't very nice. The bed, two twins put together, was super hard. The shower in the bathroom flooded the bathroom floor entirely. The colours on the walls were really hard to look at- bright red. Parking was available for a price- a valet would come get the car and take it to a nearby car park, but there was only one parking spot for unloading and someone other than a hotel guest was in it, making it difficult for us to get our luggage into the hotel. I wouldn't really recommend this place.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I had no complaints about the hotel until we came to go to bed. Now it was a party weekend in Genoa so it may have a been a one off. Basically until I went down and complained to the hotel and the kebab shop staff there was a party going on below our room in their upstairs to the extent that the toilet was vibrating in our bathroom. The night receptionist did go out and ask them to stop and was helpful despite him not actually speaking to me.
The room itself was nice and clean and to a decent standard as was the bathroom, though the shower did leak out onto the bathroom floor if you weren't careful.
The location was perfect for the station and the old city wasn't more than a 20 minute walk away.
If the kebab shop wasn't there I would probably stay here again, and I do hope that was more of a one off than a regular Saturday night. On the plus side I did get to practice my angry Italian!

Room Tip: Just don't get the one above the kebab shop!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mark201180
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We spent 3 nights here. Found the staff helpful and friendly. As with the other reviews it is close to transport and the area is ok. Can't believe the dodgy area comments! Would stay again by Italy standards.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family