“Best ice cream in Genova”

Antica Gelateria Amedeo
Ranked #14 of 108 Dessert in Genoa
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed November 3, 2014

This place is legendary among genoese people for the quality of their ice cream, and they never disappoint.
Among the tastes you have to try is their famous panera, a semifreddo based on coffee, which is typical from the area.
Best ice cream in Genoa and one of the best in the world.

Reviewed October 25, 2014 via mobile

It's worth walking from Genova to Boccadasse just for this ice cream! (Boccadasse is worth a trip anyway though so make sure you eat some ice cream here.)

I came just for the ice cream and waited for the shop to open just tonsee if it was as good as people had told me. It was better!

I had the coconut ice cream, and it was the best coconut ice cream I've had. I might run to Boccadasse again just to try some more flavours!

2  Thank jasonbrim
Reviewed October 9, 2014

I'm putting my vote on Antica Gelateria Amedeo as the best gelato in Italy. Or at least the best I had in northern Italy. And that's saying a lot, given I had 3 to 4 gelatos a day in every city I visited over the course of three weeks. The fruit flavors at Amedeo particularly blew me away. And a great way to burn off the calories is a run on the beautiful, seaside Corso Italia between Boccadasse and central Genoa.

Reviewed August 31, 2014

We used to live in Albaro, and it was always a pleasure to head down to beautiful Boccadasse for a coffee. It still is! The antica gelateria is a highlight.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

We had pistacchio and coffee icecreams. Literally melted in the mouth! Location is at Boccadasse fishing village by the seaside. If you go to Boccadasse, do not miss this!