“Nice lunch in a 'shiny' old townvilla”

La Taverna di Colombo
Ranked #12 of 2,094 Restaurants in Genoa
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Had lunch here on our trip to genua and where attracted to this place by the earlier comments.

And I can only agree with the earlier positive comments; Nice food, good service and indeed an interesting decoratieve style. My daughters where espescially impressed by the restroom.

Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

This lovely little Genova treat is tucked away in a little side street but is well worth finding your way there. So friendly. The typical Genova menu is in Italian but the vendor is very happy to practice his English and translate it. Available drinks are limited to wine, water and espresso - nothing else! A very authentic Italian find and a truly memorable experience.

1  Thank TheGoodies1
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We had lunch at the Taverna di Colombo: I couldn't be happier about the food (quality, preparation, taste) and it was relatively cheap. Moreover, the owner was very cordial, jovial and generous: he offered us a free panacotta to share and digestive drinks. Rarely have I recieved service of this calibere, including so-called fine dining restaurants. I DEFINITELY RECOMMEND visiting this place, you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Erik S
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I have eaten here twice. Both times I was very happy with my meal. The prices are very reasonable. The restaurant is down an alley that you probably wouldn't normally be walking down so you need to make sure you look up where it is on the map. It is not a romantic restaurant, but it is a great place to come with friends looking for good food at a good price.

1  Thank kerri89
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Visited for dinner with two friends.
The owner is probably the most hospitable man you will ever meet. He made us feel very comfortable, offered to translate the menu to English and recommended dishes according to our tastes. The food was delicious and very fresh. We had a great time chatting to the owner and the chef and they made the experience really memorable.
Definitely recommended!