Basilica della Santissima Annunziata del Vastato
Ranked #13 of 317 things to do in Genoa
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Do not miss this church. From outside it looks like a big, plain church. Just wait to go inside. As beautiful as you can get. There is no fee for entrance and photos are allowed. It is optional if you want to give a contribution.

1  Thank 27Ruben27

Reviewed April 27, 2014

This basilica looks like your average Italian church on the outside but once inside it is amazing. A true baroque masterpiece from top to bottom. Not to be missed in Genoa

1  Thank George566
Reviewed March 19, 2014

As a person who has an interest in cathedrals and church buildings, I can categorically say that I have never been inside a church so beautiful, magnificent and spectacular. From the paintings on the walls to the marble columns and the exceptional ceiling covered in gold and frescoes, this is truly a sight to behold. The celing is so stunning you actually think the painted images are in 3D. During my stay in Genoa I actually visited the church twice as I just could not believe the beauty and splendour of this wonderful building first time round. My camera could not stop clicking and I have about 50 photos to remind me of this majestic and impressive building. This is without doubt a 'must see' attraction.

1  Thank kenp31
Reviewed March 11, 2014

One of the more spectacular churches I have seen in Italy. We almost wandered past the very plain column facade but glad we took the time. It is a very quiet church with few visitors. The ceiling is beautiful, completely covered in gold and frescoes. Even the marble columns are breathtaking. Lots to see and admire. I believe you can pay 1Euro to turn the ceiling lights on for even more colour. Definitely worth a visit!

2  Thank Abi F
Reviewed September 2, 2013

In a city of beautiful churches, this one took my breath away. Stunning gold gilded ceiling and red & white marble everywhere.