Grand Hotel Savoia
$149
$135
$118
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Nuovo Nord(Genoa)(Great Value!)
$100
$102
$88
HolidayInn.com
2,926 results
All reviewstrain stationrooftop barexecutive roomtop floorelegant hotelold world charmstar hotelsister hotelport citymain stationcinque terreold stylechristopher columbusprincipe stationold townfantastic hotellovely room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Efficient hotel, reception staff went out of there way to help & always smiling. Service was top form & breakfast divine. Views from the room and other seating areas in the hotel are of the harbour plus it's a stone throw away from the main station. We would definitely recommend & visit the hotel again. The food was good but the service was better at the Tralalero Trattoria. Spa area was very clean and spacious. Excellent hotel overall.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sanaya N
Reviewed March 6, 2014

A very nice hotel in Genoa. We arrived late in the evening on the train, and wanted to stay somewhere convenient. Unfortunately we had the spa package included but the spa was closed for the evening and didn't open until after we were leaving on our cruise the following day. The breakfast spread was excellent, and provided a sit-down dining room service as well. The staff offered any espresso drink to accompany the meal as well. The hotel is a beautiful piece of history in Genoa, and an attraction in itself. The room was a little small, but the bathroom was spacious. The amenities certainly made up for the small room. All in all, a great choice at an affordable price.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank WhitneyJW
Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

We usually come to the Grand Hotel Savoia in January or February, simply because as it's so cold in Genoa at winter time, it makes the spa 10x more luxurious! The hammam is enchanting, let alone the pool and the sauna! That's the main reason we stay at this wonderful hotel, that and also the breakfast! The mouth-watering bacon, the scrambled eggs, the juicy fruits, the tasty cereal... It's enough to make you want to live there! The service is great, the rooms are always spacious and clean, the views of the old-fashioned station are wonderful, the hotel has such charm and has so much carachter. Whenever we go to Italy, we always go to this hotel and we've been loyal to it for a few years now. Wonderful!

Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank Blue B
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Lovely traditional hotel. Reception staff helpful on arrival. Nice room. Breakfast excellent. The hotel combines old style standards of service with all the modern facilities you expect. Wifi worked well in bedroom. Rounded off a great St Valentines weekend for my wife & I in Genoa.
Peter
Nice, France

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank peter d
Reviewed February 18, 2014

It was probably the nicest hotel room I've ever stayed in. The bathroom was just superb. When I got there I was so tired I fell asleep for nearly twenty four hours! The location was terrific--about a two minute walk to the train station and a very short walk to the waterfront. There were excellent facilities of almost every type nearby on the same street. The view from my room was beautiful and the personnel were fantastic. My only complaints, and I hate to complain were that the Wi-Fi service had too weak of a signal, and the bartender was kept too busy with other tasks--I saw a number of potential customers walk out waiting for the bartender to show up. Other than those two items, I would be more than happy to give this establishment a fantastic review. The room was second to none I ever seen!

Room Tip: Get a room facing the waterfront and train station. The waterfront is not visible, but the view is otherwise excellent!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo