“Lovely hotel and staff”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 9, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
SERGIOMOBILIA, Direttore at Novotel Genova City, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

There are newer reviews for Novotel Genova City

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We arrived by train in Genoa and took a taxi to the hotel. We had been warned it was difficult to find - not helped by the complex inner city/port roads and flyovers. The hotel is almost situated in the middle of a busy road network.
Once there and we had mastered the local buses - many - with stops on;ly a few yards from the hotel.It is not really practcal to walk into the centre - there is a usefull COOP supermarket 5 minutes away.

The hotel was friendly,reception helpful; , the room what you would expect from a Novotel with panaoramic views beyond the busy road to the port and out to sea.Double or triple glazing was brilliant - no sound of traffic.
Breakfast must be one of the best we have experienced with good choice of everything - the hotel was busy - but the staff were on top of clearing and replacing food.

Room Tip: High Floor - sea side for a view
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank MR.23
SERGIOMOBILIA, Direttore at Novotel Genova City, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to inform us about your experience following your stay at our hotel.

My team and I are really grateful for your kind words of appreciation, which encourage us to keep up our efforts, ensuring the service we provide always meets your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon at one of the Novotel hotels.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Location: It's a walk of 15 minutes from the city center. Very helpful staff, they speak English. Extremely satisfying breakfast buffet with lots of fresh fruits, We had dinner in the restaurant and enjoyed it. Convenient indoor parking is a plus. The room was very nice, clean. Thanks Novotel

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you back soon at one of the Novotel hotels.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

I had to fly to Genoa to stay at the Novotel due to my husband having a motorcycle accident on his way back to the UK from Rome. I arrived at the hotel very confused as to where I was going and what I was going to do. My husband had broken his ankle and had other minor injuries. He was very lucky! My visit turned into a week's stay before I could fly home to the UK with him. The staff were amazing! They were very kind to me, made sure I was OK and offered to do anything for me they could. They translated for me, sent faxes and were generally a good support. I ate in the restaurant for all my meals. The food was good and the waiters soon learnt what I wanted and made suggestions for me. My room was my little haven from all the confusion and hassle that went with the situation. Very comfortable. When I got a moment I would spend around an hour at the pool where I could relax for a bit.

On my last day my husband was discharged from the hospital and was able to stay with me for 24 hours. They provided me with a wheelchair and assistance whenever we needed it.

I would recommend this place to anyone. I don't know what I would have done without it. Thank you Novotel Genoa.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Dear Madame,

We look forward to welcoming you back soon,

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We liked the hotel and the kind service. Location is good and quite easy to find. Niceview over the harbour. We had dinner in the restaurant and enjoyed it. Breakfast was also appreciated. Convenient indoor parking is a plus.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
SERGIOMOBILIA, Direttore at Novotel Genova City, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Location: It's a walk of 15 minutes from the city center and the closest train station. Taking a cab from the city center costs around 10 euros.
Service: Very helpful staff. The receptionists took their time to give us a city map and explain each important place clearly.
Rooms: We stayed in a double room which had a double bed and a sofa that which was made into another double bed. The sofa bed, however, was terribly uncomfortable and thus made us share the regular double bed. This was not a major problem in our case but may be a problem if you stay in the same room as a group of three or more.
Breakfast: Extremely satisfying breakfast buffet with lots of fresh fruits.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Irises2
SERGIOMOBILIA, Direttore at Novotel Genova City, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

We look forward to welcoming you back soon,

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Standard Novotel facilities but with a good restaurant and extremely friendly staff - good value for money. Hotel somewhat away from the city center and public transport but nevertheless, can be fully recommended.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank PeNor
SERGIOMOBILIA, Direttore at Novotel Genova City, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for the time you have dedicated to writing the review,

Best rergards