“Great great great!”

Ranked #4 of 101 Dessert in Genoa
Neighborhood: Castelletto
Neighborhood: Castelletto
Reviewed June 20, 2013

If you like gelato and are in Genova, you must visit this place! Actually, you should eat gelato at Profumo di Rosa even if you don't like ice cream as much: I am sure you'll become a huge gelato fan right after tasting the first flavor. The shop is very centrally located and the enthusiastic shop owner lets you taste as many flavors as you want before you order.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Rosa's enthusiasm and passion for her product is infectious! As others have said, she converses easily in many languages and encourages you to try many samples before making your choice. Everything I tried was delicious, I ended up with a scoop of coconut and a scoop of her newest flavor, Roger, which was a heavenly concoction of chocolate and I think, hazelnut. I can't remember exactly what was in it, but it was a-mazing. My only regret is waiting until my last day in Genoa to taste a scoop of heaven! Everything that I tried was super creamy and so flavorful. I'm not a fan of rose flavoured anything, but even the rose gelato was excellent. Rosa if you do travel to Australia, as you spoke to me about, there will be lots of sad people in Genoa who will miss out on your gelato!!

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Best ice cream in Genova town centre, in the beautiful via Cairoli, 2 minutes away from via Garibaldi, very nice atmosphere and excellent taste! Don't miss it.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Rosa was so welcoming - even opened her shop early for a couple of Aussies wanting to taste her Gelato before flying to Ireland!
Can't say enough about her Gelati you must go and try - I don't buy gelati in Perth after tasting the real thing in Italy quite some years ago but Rosa's Gelati is out of this world - I couldn't believe she could make a chocolate sorbet that is so creamy and chocolaty but is low fat.....mmmmmm yum. Thank you Rosa it was such a pleasure to meet you and taste your heavenly Gelati. I wish you continuing success and look forward to trying out some of your recipes down under in Oz.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We ran into Profumo di Rosa by chance: wandering around Genova we were called towards the place by the gorgeous displays of the gelato, all those colors and fruits seemed beautiful and tasty like every other gelato shop in Italy but these ones had something special, like magic!

The little shop is a cozy and beautifully decorated little place. Rosa - the owner - is an amazing person and she's the reason the place is so magical: she loves what she does and that's why she's so good at it!

Rosa invited us to try the flavors we were curious about and described every one of them to help us make our choice but I'm telling you, you can't go wrong there no matter what you choose. You will be treating yourself to the best gelato ever!

Rosa was also kind enough to suggest some places for us to have lunch and dinner, she knows Genova too well and she can tell you about prices, kinds of food and times. She's really an awesome woman who knows how to run a business and how to treat a visitor.

Price won't be a problem here and I assure you, you'll want to go back for more.

It is amazing to know that this place exists in a charming city such as Genova. Don't miss it if you go to Italy.

1  Thank neocmjc