“Rose Gelato - The best I ever had” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Castelletto
Durham, United Kingdom
“Rose Gelato - The best I ever had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

I had the rose and pistachio gelato: The rose flavour was simply fresh and delicious, I wouldn't mind having the whole tub of it! The pistachio was nice but nowhere near as nice as the rose. The girl who works there speaks fluent english, she was so nice and helpful - she recommended restaurants for amazing food (and not overpriced) around town as she grew up in Genoa! So if you need any suggestions for food, she is the one to go to!

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
“Fantastic!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

Everything is fantastic ! Behind the counter You can meet always the owner who is fabulous whomen named Rosa. Icecream are her passion and each day You can taste different flavours like rosa, milk with honey, apple with cinnamon or more traditional like straciatella or vanilla. She speaks eanglish, german, portugese wich is impressive !!! The most important thing is that she is very friendly and gave us lots of important info about the city and italian culture.

Washington DC
“Best Gelato place with the best Italian Host....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

Ok, so let me start off that every time I go to Italy I search for the best gelato wherever I go and I have probably eaten at least at 50+ different gelaterie in Italy. I thought last year when I was in Milano that I found the best gelato at Massimo's but this year after visiting Rosa's, I crowned a new gelato champion. (For the record: I went back to Massimo's in Milano a few days after I left Genova and both my gf and I agreed that Rosa's was better.) The creaminess and flavor of Rosa's gelato are much greater than any other gelato I have ever tasted. Her straciatella and pistachio are the best ever!

As if Rosa needed any other reason, other than the superb quality and taste of her gelato for you to visit her gelateria, she is like the unofficial ambassador to Genova. Rosa speaks fluent Italian, German, and English. (she might speak a few other languages but those are only the ones I heard her speak.) She doesn't mind people tasting a few different flavors and she is more than happy to suggest flavors based on what people like. Rosa was also happy to suggest a few restaurants that she loves and a few places that she loves to visit. We happened to visit Rosa's gelateria on our first day in Italy on this trip and Rosa was sooooo welcoming! It is clear that Rosa is passionate about Genova and her gelato.

If you are in Genova, it is a must that you stop by Rosa's gelateria for some gelato and some friendly banter with someone who epitomizes Italian hospitality!

• Visited October 2012
3 Thank J J A
Houston
“Gelato Love”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

Walking in the rain, with a bit of wind.......nothing planned...... just existing.... Looked up and saw this small shop with a line going out of the door. (Thinking clothing store .......music store ......Pastry shop)................NO......IT WAS GELATO........ and in-between all of those people I spotted the case ....and WHAM... the clouds parted and out came the sun...... LOVE....PURE LOVE........ Frankly the flavors and freshness made this the best I have ever had.... worldwide..... Rosa....well she is a gem... She explain all of the different flavors and Rosa even had some sorbet for the non-lactose crowd. I almost feel in love with her as much as the Gelato........ AWESOME GELATERIA

• Visited November 2012
Genoa, Italy
“Best gelateria in Genova!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

Rosa's really is the best gelateria in Genova and the best I've tasted in all of Italy - hence why I visit her three times a week!! Her gelati are always fresh and made from the best ingredients. Of particular mention are her pistacchio (the best i've had in italy!!) and mimosa (a lemon cream flavour with white chocolate wafers). Whenever I have friends and family visit me in Genova Rosa's is the first place I take them too (even before tourist sites like porto antico). Even if you are only in Genova for a few hours make sure you get to Rosa's!! I should also mention how beautiful Rosa is herself - her smile always brightens the room and her charm will have you coming back again and again and again... Did i mention I love Rosa's gelati??

• Visited October 2012