“Lovely atmosphere.”

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 1, 2014

My partner and I visited this lovely little restaurant on the recommendation of the bed and breakfast owners where we were staying. Ale kindly booked us a table and when we arrived found it to be almost full....( 8.30.p.m). The atmosphere was 'buzzing'......and we were kindly shown to our table which was actually quite pleasant for two of us.....not too cramped!!!
The young waitress was very pleasant and brought us an iPad with the menu in English as our Italian is pretty sketchy.....and we struggled a little with the language barrier.
We had two courses.....and found the food to be very tasty and well presented. I had Lasagne and my partner had Rabbit. Our desserts were delicious....chocolate heaven!!!!The house red was also very smooth and tasty....and not too pricey.
We didn't feel pressured into leaving quickly...despite lots of people 'hanging' around for a table....in fact...I think we could have sat there all night without any problems.
There were many choices on the menu's.....and they offer four courses including dessert......all pretty reasonably priced we thought.
We hope to return to Genoa again next year as we absolutely love it there.....and we will definitely return to this lovely little restaurant.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,492)

Reviewed June 25, 2014

The restaurant is very busy. The first time I tried to go it was full. The second time I made a reservation. The food was very good and the wait staff friendly.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

Pros
Good wine by the glass
Reasonable prices
Friendly and speedy service
Nice setting and atmosphere.
Cons
The menu is on a blackboard but as I learned too late there are daily specials that are not on it.
My appetizer of octopus was OK,the main course of swordfish rather bland,only the chocolate dessert worth a good rating.
Reservations useful as the place is small

Reviewed June 4, 2014

We took Trip Advisers referrals for this place, and found it to be good but not excellent. We arrived at 7:30pm when the doors opened without a reservation...the place didn't fill in until 8:30 but we didn't feel all that welcome...so make sure you have reservations...maybe you'll receive better service than we did. Food was above average, but the experience rather spoiled it for us.

Thank Mark or Margare... V
Reviewed May 15, 2014

The first time we visited Genoa we weren't able to get a table here and so we decided that along with the aquarium we would go back at try here at some point. It was certainly worth it.

The staff were very helpful and though there was no English menu (we did try our Italian) they straight away brought over a tablet device with a translation for us.

We had the baccala and a bowl of pesto and pasta to share as our first courses which were delicious and one potion of the pasta was more than enough for both of us. For the main we had seafood skewers, we probably could have shared one plate between us but we went for one each and had plenty of food and it was delicious, though there was a lot of calimari.

I would and already have recommended this restaurant to other people, you do need to reserve though especially for the evening.