“Hidden pleasure”

Trattoria Della Raibetta
Ranked #176 of 2,030 Restaurants in Genoa
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hidden pleasure”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Flavorful, authentic Genovese cuisine in a low key, very pleasant setting tucked away in one of Genoa's caruggI . EffIcIent and friendly service. Reasonable prices.

Rome
“A great find”
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I normally research and reserve well in advance but this time it was just a walk in on a busy saturday night and we were lucky to find a table anywhere. So it was a lovely surprise to find such a welcoming team and such well prepared food. Our minestrone and home made made pasta al pesto were both excellent but the fried acciughe were to die for. One of the best I have ever eaten in Liguria or the rest of Italy. A nice panna cotta and good bottle of 5 terre wine for a reasonable 70 euros for 2.
The staff were very polite, professional and warm. A lovely unpretentious place - will return!

Visited April 2012
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Authentic Genovese cousin”
Reviewed October 3, 2011

The restaurant located in a small medieval street leading to the harbor, and the house does look like it was built 300 years ago.
First course we had Salmon Carpaccio, with fresh tomatoes olive oil and oregano. The pasta was Pappardelle with Ligurian pesto sauce made with pine seeds. For main course we had fried sea food platter called "fritto misto", and as recommended in tripadvisor, we took the Rabbit Stew with green olives, which was very good.

• Visited September 2011
Genoa, Italy
“excellent food and service”
Reviewed August 25, 2010

This is a really excellent trattoria, which is particularly surprising since it is near Porto Antico, which tends to be filled with overpriced, low-quality tourist traps. But if you are, indeed, a tourist, don't be shy about coming to Trattoria della Raibetta. I speak pretty decent Italian, but the waiter picked up on my mistakes and began speaking to me in English. After he was done with me, he went on to speak the couple at the next table in French. So, very tourist-friendly, while still being traditional.

Of course, the traditional Genovese meal will include fish, I suppose, and I did not actually have fish at Raibetta. Instead, after a pesto pasta dish, I had the excellent rabbit (coniglio), cooked in traditional Ligurian style, which was truly excellent, and quite a bargain at 12 euros. The house red wine was very nice, and again, reasonably priced.

To finish, I had the tiramisu, which was fine, but overpriced at 7 1/2 euros.

The atmosphere was utterly charming. This is a great alternative to the places along the pier if you're at the acquarium or elsewhere in Porto Antico.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“A wonderful find!”
Reviewed July 15, 2010

We ate here during our second night in Genoa. Our B&B owner has recommended this place to us and we were pleasantly surprised. Our server was especially kind helpful. The red wine we had here was my favorite in all of our time in Europe. And the food was fantastic! The pesto pasta we had for the first course was unbelievable. I enjoyed every bite! This is a great spot to check out for dinner if you're in Genoa!