“Super close to train station”
Review of Hotel Brignole

and 1 more site!
Hotel Brignole
Ranked #32 of 90 Hotels in Genoa
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stopped here on our way from Pisa to Savona to catch a cruise. It is VERY close to the train station, but it took us from wandering to find it. Rooms were beautiful, breakfast was excellent. Only complaint...no elevator. Up up and up with luggage. But well worth it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Genova is a beautiful city so I highly recommend visiting. If you don't care about anything other than somewhere to stay, I think Hotel Brignole is fine. It's very close to the train station and you can walk to quite a bit.
The room itself was clean, but the walls are paper thin. This is coming from someone who is a heavy sleeper. I could hear my neighbors phone dinging for text notifications:/ Breakfast is not bad, and the lady who works in the mornings is very sweet and accommodating. Actually the staff overall was very nice.
I did have a problem with the advertised free wifi. It seemed to be in and out my whole four days, so I assumed the connection was weak. Then I received an email about my roaming bill. Apparently the Hotel Brignole wifi never even reached my room, so I was charged extra for the roaming while I was there. Unfortunately, when I mentioned this to the front desk at the end of my stay, the response was "Oh, I guess it just didn't reach all the way to your room". I'd like to think that this is just a laid back European response, but that alone made this review lower than I wanted to give.
If you do visit Genova, maybe try a place located off the Genova Central train stop, as there are many stops in the city.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 3, 2013

There was so much that disappointed with this hotel its difficult to know where to start. Above all it failed to get the basics right - and yet I paid more here than far better places to stay during a trip across Italy.
Comfort - poor. The Double bed consisted of two single mattresses with a subsequent lump. You could not regulate the air-conditioning yourself, so first I had to go to reception to get them to turn it on, then return to get it turned off when the room simulated an ice-box.
Facilities - poor. Some of the hardest towels I've known, and my room couldn't get Wi-Fi. Luckily I had my laptop so could use the alternative wired connection.
Breakfast - poor. Although it was included in the room rate, it was disappointing. The juice was disgusting, and you had to use a nasty plastic beaker to drink it from.
Location - poor. Although convenient for Brignole station, and well sign-posted if you had a rough idea where to go, it had an entrance on a side-street surrounded by shuttered properties. One of the hotel signs flashed on and off all night, visible from the room. See my photos that are attached.
I could continue with other disappointing things about this hotel - but as Genoa itself disappointed (unless you like vistas spoilt by elevated roads) I doubt I'll be visiting again.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing the front as the flashing hotel sign is a nuisance, and your view is awful.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank WhiteAnt2008
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Not the best choice if you travel by car and with a bulky luggage. No parking, no elevator. Very poor breakfast (bread and fruits).
On booking.com they say you don't need any reservation for a public parking, but when we arrived to the hotel late at night the only possibility to park was in 10min walking distance.
The walls of the rooms will transmit any sound from your neighbours and the corridor. It's really awful.
The only two good things are the location and room cleaning.
I really have no idea how this hotel could get a very good rating with booking.com - probably they flood internet with fake comments.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Maksym O
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Good location? Not bad. Maybe this is the only advantage of the hotel.
We arrived at 10 pm, previously we had wrote an e-mail about late check in. We asked where we could park ours car. They told that was impossible because no free parking places left. We said that a parking was a key moment for us when we had chosen the hotel in Genoa. They answered we must reserved place in advance. We showed them a voucher from Booking.com where was directly indicated that no preliminary reservation for parking required. They laughed and told that was a problem of Booking.com and ours, but not theirs. Finally, we lost more than hour to find a parking around. When we reterned to the hotel, we discovered that a wifes of us had been yet standing on the reception and nobody helped them with the luggage!
Soundproofing in the rooms is terrible! You hear any noise which your neighbor produces, even simple talking.
Wifi works only in rooms located close to reception. Very slow.
Breakfast was very poor and only cold dishes. Coffee was the worse I'd ever tasted in Italy, as well as croissants.
The main problem of the hotel is bad management. They located near the railway station and think they will always have a lot of clients even they do nothing for them.
The worse hotel in Italy.

• Stayed: May 2013
4  Thank ArtemTkachenko78
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Hotel Brignole in Genoa is conveniently located just across the square from the railway station of the same name. It is a 3 star hotel that has recently been refurbished. I found all the staff to be very obliging. The room was modern and clean. Everything looked new and a safe was provided.
The cold buffet breakfast was more than adequate and there was a wide range of food available. The hotel was close to the main shops and stores and was a short walk away from the main sights. The price was also great for such a good quality hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 30, 2012

You can trust all of the positive reveiws! We found this hotel to be exactly how everyone explained. In fact, the bathroom was large enough for us and covered in marble. It is not a design hotel and our room was small...but we paid 62 euros including the tax + 15 for parking! What a deal. You are right next to the train station (which is a nice area as opposed to other cities) so if you come by train or car its absolutely perfectly situated. The receptionist was wonderful and extremely helpful. The room was hot! We had to turn the heating wayyyyy down and open a window(so no complaints there). So, if you are on a budget but do not want to renounce being in the centre...choose this hotel!

Room Tip: we had number 7
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple