“One night stay”

Best Western Hotel Porto Antico
Ranked #10 of 91 Hotels in Genoa
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Before going to Milan we spent a night here. Very good hotel, not far from main train station and almost in the middle of the heart of the old town. nice and qualified staff, free wifi, quiet rooms with everything required. Was impressed. Very recommended:-)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank GipsyA
Write a ReviewReviews (1,173)

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Finding the place and parking is the first challenge here. We eventually found an underground car park opposite but NOTE: they give you a ticket they say means the parking is free but it isn't, its only a discount.
Double room not that much bigger than the bed. Bathroom excellent. Breakfast included but just a couple of meats/cheese, bread and cereal. Don't do what I did and get a glass of orange only to find its pineapple! The OJ was dark red.
Surrounding area seemed a bit seedy if you ask me but I don't know Genoa.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank h0merjays1mps0n
andreabig4, Manager at Best Western Hotel Porto Antico, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review, we are to inform you that our hotel has only a solution of parking facilities with a price starting from 18 euro, or, the special offer "park and sleep" with special restrictive conditions as you can read on our site.

With regard to breakfast our hotel offers you a lot of local products such as biscuits, cakes, and focaccia, to which you can add 3 types of cheese, 2 types of meats, jams, yogurt, brioches, well as various juice and products breakfast for the children, all described by labels.

As you can read quietly on our site, our hotel is located in the historic center of Genoa, an area where you can admire the different historical influences.

We invite you back to Genoa and to explore the history and places that characterize our city.

Andrea Quattrone
Manager

Reviewed July 9, 2013

So I don't know if we just had an exceptional experience but I LOVED this place! It's actually been one of the best we've stayed at in Europe! We're a non military, American family living in Italy & having a blast exploring. We headed to the Italian Riviera part to meet up with my cousin and his wife who were visiting. No big surprise but only Genova had availability. We checked a number of hotels and despite complaints about the location, we went with this one.

LOVED it!!!! It's perfectly located for everything!!!! It is a bit hard to find but just gps to the Acquarium or the pirate ship. There's a really safe, below ground parking lot there, which is where they have you park anyway. Then you walk across the street and turn right from the crosswalk and make the immediate left and up the cutest little street. The hotel is right there on the right. Have all your car info because they give it to the police so they don't tow. They also give you a coupon to get a huge parking rate discount.

The ladies at the front desk were super friendly and helpful! Spoke multiple languages. Went up to our room and it was a nice surprise. Italy isn't known for super sized rooms. Ours had the standard two twins made into the double and bunk beds, which my kids LOVED!!!! Everything was new & clean, especially the bathroom. And the wifi was great!!!!!

We decided to go for a stroll up the charming street and grabbed a snack. Then we wandered the city for a while. Came back, had dinner near the hotel and slept fabulously!!!!!

The next day we drove down to La Spezia to see my cousin but were back in Genova for dinner. The gentleman working the desk also spoke multiple languages and sent us to this wonderful pizza place where we sat outside and dined among million dollar yachts on the harbor and watched cruise ships come in and out. It's probably a 5 minute stroll if you don't get distracted by all the stuff going on! There was a band playing in one area and there were getting ready for a Beatlefest. The decorations were nice. You walk past the kids science center (which isn't open on Mondays) and staying by the water have dinner.

There's so much to do right around the hotel that you don't need to drive if you don't want to. Besides being across the street from the aquarium and the pirate ship, there's inflatable bounce houses and trampolines, lots of dining and snacks.

Breakfast in the morning was traditional Italian but delicious!

The staff were all wonderful. And I would rave about them even if we hadn't had "the incident". But this pushed them beyond fabulous! My 6 year old has a habit of leaving stuff in hotel rooms. No matter how much we look. Well he realized about 2.5 hours away that he left one of his most treasured things in the covers of his bed. I sent a message and not only did they go look, they found it and sent it to us. I can't thank them enough!!!!! This is the first time he's left something in a room where they actually "found" it and sent it to us.

I'm not sure why it's only 3 stars. I would absolutely stay there again over anywhere else. Hope your stay is half as good as ours.

2  Thank CFroehlich70
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Very nice hotel for three stars. Breakfast very tasty and there are a lot of products to be chosen. The kids liked the two-floors bed and breakfast. The staff is very nice, polite and open. The location is superior, close to Porto Antico and city centre.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Front desk was very personable and helpful. Quad room had a double and 2 bunk beds. Very quiet at night. Location was 5 minute taxi ride from the train station ( 15 euro). We walked back to the station in less than 15 minutes. Near markets and shops. Very close to the aquarium. Tucked up off a small street. Breakfast included was excellent with many, many choices. Bathroom great, room clean, good air-conditioning. Beds were very nice. Would definitely stay here again.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

This hotel is very well located in downtown Genova across from the Aquarium. I was traveling with my three teenagers and we stayed in the family room for four. My kids loved the bunk beds and said they were the most comfortable.

We stayed enroute to southern France and truly underestimated the "ease" of staying as a stopover. It was a bit crazy trying to find parking (which we found at the Harbor, not too far and reasonable for an overnight). I would not recommend this unless you have time to enjoy the city.

Good value

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my little toddler son. The staff was very friendly. The location was perfect for us... It was across the main road from the aquarium we wanted to visit, and there were multiple restaurants within walking distance that had high ratings on tripadvisor. Breakfast was good... they had a buffet with a couple of types of ham, breads, corneti, juices, etc.

We were given a room on the sixth floor that was large, clean, and quiet. They even gave us extra pillows just as I had requested in my booking.

The only problem I experienced was that although I was given a password for the hotel's wifi, the wifi signal was nonexistent from my hotel room. In addition, the location and structure of the hotel was such that I could only get a strong 3G signal with my 3G router sitting right next to the window. It was OK for me because everything about our room was perfect, so I did not want to change to a different room.

Overall, the hotel was a great value given the combination of location, service, room, and amenities we received.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family