“So far , so good.”

Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Description: Restaurant & Fish Market in center of Genoa
“So far , so good.”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Atmosphere in the cellar is quite nice. Dining experience okay. Service a little bit inattentive. Taking plates of the table while others still eating. It is not bad, but not really what we expected.

Visited October 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Surrey
“Excellent food, warm welcome”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We visited this restaurant both because it was so well reviewed on TripAdviser and because it was right opposite our hotel. I chose two fish courses, my fish-averse husband was happy to find a steak dish available, we both went for the much-recommended creme brûlée, and everything was delicious. A few other reviewers have found the service a bit slow, but (on a busy Saturday night) we were favourably impressed. The manager and staff were friendly and efficient; they greeted us warmly and offered us an outside table when we looked in on Sunday night just for another glass of their excellent moscato. Our favourite eating-place in Genoa!

• Visited October 2012
Houston, Texas
“Wonderful Lunch in Genoa”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

This restaurant is a short walk from the Aquarium and the old port. It is an EXCELLENT SEAFOOD RESTAURANT. There was a 25 Euro lunch menu the day we were there featuring fresh swordfish. It was oh so much better than the frozen swordfish we get in Texas where I live. My sister in law had a giant ravioli served in a large bowl with a delicious broth and topped with shellfish. She was still talking about how good it was days later.

london
“Hidden Treasure”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We visited this restaurant three times in two days whilst staying at a hotel close by. We would never have found it had we not been walking from our hotel towards the Aquarium. We had two courses each time we ate there and had fish at each course, which was dresh and freshly-cooked. The fish soup was the highlight, I think.

This restaurant is not cheap, but the food and wine list is super, so I think it is worth it. My only criticism about the place relates to the service we received at our last visit, The restaurant was extremely busy and, whilst we asked to sit outside, there was no table available. We were offered a table inside to wait at until a table outside became available and we were given a glass of prosecco whilst we waited. So far, so good. We were quite quickly shown a table outside but then had an ordinately long wait before our order was taken, with no-one even taking our drinks order. Our order was eventually taken, but only after that of a couple who had come in after us. Once we gave our order for food and a bottle of wine, we waited in vain for the wine to turn up and were obliged to remind the waiting staff before it eventually turned up. If you are charging top dollar then, in my view, this shouldn't happen. That said, the food is still superb and we shall be returning.

1 Thank speedcop2
Perth, Australia
“Best restaurant experience in Genoa”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I am Australian and have visited Genoa several times. This time I was here for about 3 weeks for business. I tried various restaurants and bars. The ones in Boccadase are generally pretty good. Although I had been to this restaurant before, for some reason I thought it was in Bologne - and I didn't stumble over it again until the last night of my stay.

Once again it did not disappoint. I can highly recommend the Mediterranean Soup (although soup is an understatement as it is more like a fantastic seafood stew). I can also highly recommend the White Fish fillet and the Creme Broulee. The food was excellent and the price pretty reasonable considering the quality.

I will be straight back there next trip to Genoa ...

2 Thank Paul N