“Best food in a refined context”
Review of Bakari - CLOSED

Bakari
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Atmosfera liberty per un pizzico di fantasia in cucina, buon vino cullati dal jazz. In pieno centro città a due passi da piazza De Ferrari o dall'acquario.
Genoa, Italy
“Best food in a refined context”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Bakari in the historical center of genoa, is a friendly restaurant in a nice contest, typical liberty style. The service is very effective, Francesca suggest you the best choice, according to your taste,without any imposition. The norcina, first dish of taglierini with truffle,little tomatoes it is delicious, to taste, with a incredible aroma. There is a selection of meat,chicken composed with original ingredients,sweet Like with orange,or sour. I selected the tartare of meat,very good! Unusual but to try the potatoes pure' with lemon. There is a great selection of italian cheese with honey.the background music is jazz music,very suitable for such a kind of restaurant. The dessert are various i took a fagotto with apple and cream, very good, my wife catalan cream,excellent. You can taste wine in glass, barbera was very good. The restaurant is very familiar and meantime refined.the bill is correct. To taste in couple or with friend, for business is appropriate. After the lunch or dinner, after Francesca suggestions, you can walk to visit the historical center of Genoa.

• Visited May 2013

“Creative food in old town”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I asked my hotel for a place that was not the classic pasta. They suggested this one because the food was creative and the place cool. The owners must love jazz because they have pictures of many festivals around the globe. The menu had interesting names, but at least had an English list of the main ingredients. The food had an interesting twist because combined good base ingredients and nice sauces. I had pansotti (long ravioli) with artichokes. I had no idea on wine, but the hostess reccomended a nice barbera. I got also a few hints on places to visit around town.
I liked the friendlyness and relaxed tone. It was like visiting friends that knew how to cook.

1 Thank Itravel2much2often
New York City, New York
“Personal Service with Pride”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

This is the third time we ate at Bakari and each time we were delighted with the chef's creatvity
and care. Francesca waited on us, making suggestions on what to order and places to visit in Genoa that we had not seen. We followed her advice and when we returned she wanted to hear all about it. The pastas were excellent and on our last visit we ordered the secondo. The "Habanero" was a scrumptious pork chop made with lucious sauce and peach chutney.
My husband enjoyed the pasta made with tomatoes,capers, and anchovies. For dessert we had Francesca's famous coffee and I ordered the incredible chocolate cake. My husband relished the ice cream-calvados parfait. The ambiance Is an enchanting riff on art deco. We look forwrd to our next trip to Genoa and dinner at Bakari.

• Visited September 2012
Genoa, Italy
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,266 helpful votes
“Disappointing!”
Reviewed April 28, 2012

I’ve walked past this restaurant several times and have been intrigued by the posted menu (English and Italian) and delightful interior, so we decided to try it last night. We made reservations (Saturday evening) but there were only a few occupied tables during our time there, so I don’t believe they are essential.

The menu had interesting, varied options, a bit on the expensive side, offering beef, duck, turkey, chicken as seconds between 13-18 euros and several pasta dishes as first plates. We only tried the main plates and unfortunately everyone was disappointed in their meal. Probably the worst was what I ordered, the turkey with honey and rosemary (13eu)-the turkey looked like what you find in the cold cut selection of the grocery store; sliced, pressed and processed turkey! With a blob of tasteless mashed, watery potatoes on top. The Fillet of grilled beef with cream sauce of lemon, oil and pine nuts (15eu) was swimming in too much sauce and watery mashed potatoes. My husband had the filet of beef with green peppers( 18eu)-a small portion,uninspiring and not very good. The special of pork chops had a very nice presentation, but wasn’t enjoyed-dry and lacked flavor.

Desert faired much better. We all enjoyed the apple in pastry with sauce and my husband said their special after dinner coffee with digestive was excellent.

The atmosphere was great, service average, the cost for what we received-overpriced and overall the meal was disappointing. I won’t recommend Bakari, and I don’t believe I would return, but it’s a lovely looking restaurant.

• Visited April 2012