“Celebrated by birthday here...wish I had another one tomorrow!!!”

Trattoria Vegia Zena
Ranked #45 of 2,060 Restaurants in Genoa
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Trattoria Vegia Zena in Genoa is one of the most historic sites of the city are known and appreciated not only for its cozy atmosphere and service but also for the Traditional Cooking Genovese here, we can say, reaches the True Excellence. Trattoria Vegia Zena is located in a very busy area both by the Genoese that the many tourists and travelers, facing the famous Aquarium of Genoa, just in an alley in front of the historic Piazza Loading and features 80 covers lending itself perfectly to Banquets - Parties - Baptisms - Working Dinners.The menu Trattoria Vegia Zena in Genoa and rich character of Cucina Genovese specialties and is enriched with dishes based on fresh fish every day delight the palate of loyal customers or travelers passing, among the many courses include Rossetti Gratin - Sole - rhombus - Gallinelle, do not miss even frisceu skilled team of cod by the expert hands of Chef in a crispy batter, the dishes with Fresh Basil Pesto Pra and the famous dishes Stockfish and Buridda.
North Carolina
“Celebrated by birthday here...wish I had another one tomorrow!!!”
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant is very cute, in one of those small dark alleys your mom always told you to stay away from,but don't miss this one! For starters while I was deciding they brought out, baked mussles and what we in the south would considered a hush puppy! My starter was the house seafood platter and wow...fresh and amazing (and huge)! My pasta choice was the flat pasta with pesto and the pesto was A-MAZE-ING! My second or main course was grilled calamari/squid which were so delicate I could cut them with a butter knife or a fork! The servers are so on point, they are running back and forth and so quick that you don't have to wait...I tried to send an email between courses and didn't have time! They are in a hurry, but they do not rush you!!! Overall, a great meal and I will defiantly come back!

Visited August 2013

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Moscow, Russia
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Second time in Genova and again in this restaurant. The food is very delicious, staff really very friendly-even in a full hall they did their best and found table for us. These guys really wanted that we enjoyed the food, time and stay overall. Will definitely return back!

• Visited July 2013
Greater London, United Kingdom
“Proper, delicious food coupled with a preasant atmosphere and courteous service. Prices a bit too high”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

The food. Is really tasty - as the restaurant is right near the sea, all the fish is very fresh.
As a compliment from the chef, each meal is preceeded by free appetizer of fried clams and a small fried garlick dough ball. Good selection of Genoese specialties.
However, I found the portions a bit too pricey for the amount you are served. Not a very large grilled seafood selection cost me 20 euros, and in some restaurants in Genova you would get the same amount of food, same quality for around 13-15.

The service. Very friendly and quick. Was one of the main factors which contributed to my giving this restaurant 4 stars.

The atmosphere. The restaurant if situated in a very small street, but lovely inside. Feels like home:)

• Visited July 2013
toronto
“Absolute delight”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

The meal started off with 2 plates of baked and deep fried mussels-complimentary!! My kids and I hate mussels, but we didn't want to seem rude so we all tried a baked one-we loved it!!Finished the plate off quickly. My husband had a pasta in squid ink, and the rest of us had various pasta dishes, which I do not remember. But everything was very good. We had 2 bottles of red house wine, and it was really nice-I was expecting something almost undrinkable. Our waitress was so nice, and tried very hard to help us as she knew a little English. After we paid our bill, they brought over glasses and a bottle of lemoncello and a bottle of grappa. Wow- we had already paid!! My husband and I each had a taste- I don't like grappa, but he said it was good. The lemoncello was excellent. The prices were very reasonable and made up for paying 10 euros for a coke at another restaurant in Rome.

Visited March 2013
Colchester, Essex
“Wish we had eaten here twice!”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

The first time we tried to eat here it was quite late and we were turned away. undaunted we arrived just after 7.30 and they were already quite busy, but they found a good table for 4. The restaurant is very atmospheric (in a cosy way), and made a welcome change from the poor experience we had the evening before.

The waitress spoke good English and helped to advise us telling us if she thought we were ordering too much. The food was very good with a wide choice, we had starters, mains (2 of us shared) and desert and with wine and other drinks came to €115. Despite being busy we never had to wait long and there were plenty of staff to cope who actually gave the impression that they had time for their diners.

• Visited March 2013