“Good Food, Terrible Service!”
Review of Futura - CLOSED

Futura
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Genoa, Italy
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,259 helpful votes
“Good Food, Terrible Service!”
Reviewed April 4, 2011

My husband and I have eaten here a few times over the past year, most recently last night. It used to be packed for their Aperitivo severing a very nice buffet with drinks, (at an extra cost), but lately the lines are gone and the crowds have disappeared. We use to stop in frequently for a glass of wine as they have an excellent selection, but it's become very expensive. We were there on a Monday evening; never a good idea and many restaurants are closed. We were seated at a small table and when my husband requested to sit elsewhere the waiter was difficult, although the restaurant was empty! Service only went downhill from there. It was probably the worst service I have ever experience in Genova; wine, water and bread seemed tossed at us, the waiter was unfriendly and obviously didn't want to be working. The menu is extensive with primarily pizza, pasta, starters with some dinners of fish and meat. My husband and friend order a first plate and I ordered a pasta, which arrived well before their first plate and I was finished by the time their main course came. My pasta of mussels, clams, prawns and shrimp was excellent; probably the best I have ever had. My husband enjoyed the steak with cheese and our friend said his pasta was also very good. As many reviews have stated, the prices compared to other restaurants are high here and now that everyone has seen the very untypical interior, seems it's newness has worn off and people are no longer coming. They do have a nice outdoor area and I commend them for supporting the two small public gardens by keeping them litter free and pruned. I would go back for the pasta again but ask for a different waiter; he was intolerable!

• Visited April 2011