“COZY Hidden Gem”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sottoripa
Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

This is just the type of meal you remember to tell people about. It's hidden away just so, that it makes you believe you are part of a special culinary club. Everyone inside is thoroughly enjoying their meals, loud in a good happy way. Highly recommend getting some traditional pesto, which is served on handmade delicate pasta sheets. The seafood is so fresh you can't go wrong with any thing you order.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,459)

Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Chaotic, rushed and indifferent service. Mediocre food. Young Italian guy at next table said to us as we were leaving, "Italy is better than this." He was quite right.

1  Thank SkiRX
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We were advised that we could not leave Genoa without trying this restaurant. We stopped by around 6pm, they were fully booked but after a very entertaining negotiation, Maurizio the owner found a way of accommodating us. We had a delicious meal with detailed explanation of the munu and great service from him personally as well as his staff. I wanted a mussel starter which was not on the menu and he got the kitchen to make it, Our mains were outstanding and I had the best troffie pesto pasta(ligurian must have!)
The portions are enough to leave you satiated, happy and leaving the restaurant with a doggie bag.He is such a delightful host, I highly recommend this lovely, unpretentious gem of a place.
My husband and I will definitely go back. memorable experience. I know why I fell in love with Italy

Reviewed October 1, 2013

I came here with two friends from Genoa es they wanted me to taste a typical Genoese dinner.
The restaurant has just 2 rooms, one at the entrance, not very big, a smaller space with some tables in front of the restrooms and a bigger room.
In spite of the nice furniture, it's quite claustrophobic as there are too many tables for such a small space and many people waiting in the too small entrance, so almost stayin /staring at people eating.
Very good traditional dishes and generous helpings, but the waiter kept on asking "what's next"... we've been asked to leave as "the 2nd turn" was about to start by 9,30 only 1 hour after our arrival. No time for a coffee or for a nice chat.
We paid 35 euros/person for an appetizer, main dish and a dessert...definitely not worth the service.
Please avoid it.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

After waiting for one hour for our main courses sitting in this noisy and messy restaurant, we decided to leave.

I am surprised to see that such a service disaster is still considered as one of the more genuine Genovese cuisine restaurants.

They ruined a family reunion that I was really cherishing.