“Wonderful food”

Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sottoripa
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

This place surprised me, as I set there for lunch by accident and didn't expect much! BUT as i got to try tuna with pistacchio, I was in love! This is one of the best dishes I tried ever! The desserts are also great! Regarding drinks, they serve only vino and water. The service is fast and polite. Overall a great place for lunch, not too expensive!

Reviewed November 13, 2012

enjoyed a meal with Italian friends living in Genova. Service and atmosphere was excellent. I made the wrong food choice so didn't enjoy my meal as much as I had hoped. I would have preferred my pasta, which was delicious, without the scampi. My main course was fish with potatoes, a local dish, but I wouldn't choose that again. Plenty of foccacia served and the chocolate torte for dessert was delicious.

1  Thank JanetCroker
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We loved this place the main room is in an old cellar. And they have a great choice of local wines. The food is very good and service is perfect. Not too expensive. A bit difficult to locate though. But highly recommended if you are in Genoa.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Great basement restaurant in centre of old Genoa, Excellent food, good choice of wine and helpful service.

1  Thank Maldoc
Reviewed July 4, 2012

A genovese friend recommended this place to us as "one of the best" in the city. That is not hard to believe, and it is certainly popular with locals. We stopped by around lunchtime to make a reservation for the evening and found a great table waiting for us at 8:30. The food was exceptional and very reasonably priced. We started with a mixed seafood platter that included smoked swordfish (a regional specialty), octopus carpaccio (incredible if you haven't tried it) with pesto, and a tuna tartare with mint (who knew?). We ate every last morsel. I followed with a taglialini with lobster. The pasta was cooked in a kind of bisque, and then served on the open lobster, from which the meat was easily extracted. Beautiful and delicious. My main was "little squid" with tomatoes and arugula. I am not a huge fan of squid, but I liked the way it sounded. This was a transcendent dish--simple, homey, Italian cooking at its best. The squid was the most tender I have ever had, the tomatoes barely roasted or perhaps just heated by the hot oil from the squid, and tiny, fresh, flavorful arugula, likewise softened by the heat. My sweetheart got the sea bas flambee, which he equally admired. The waiter recommended an excellent and inexpensive bottle of sturdy white to go with it (we had grown tired of the thin regional whites, and this bottle was from Sardinia). Service was friendly and competent, and the bill was only 100 euros including two glasses of prosecco, a bottle of wine, and two grappas to finish. What a find this place is!

1  Thank cmj5060