“Great Spot”
Review of Ivo Camere

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Vernazza
Ivo Camere
Ranked #4 of 39 Vernazza B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 11, 2011

We really enjoyed our stay at Ivo's rooms in Vernazza. Ivo is a very friendly & helpful guy who runs a very tidy place & looks after his guests personally. Lots of stairs but he carried up & down my wife's bag & walked us to the carpark as well. Thoroughly recommend Vernazza as the nicest village & would certainly stay with Ivo again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
IvoBasso, Owner at Ivo Camere, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2015

My pleasure, you are always welcome.
All the best

Reviewed July 29, 2011

I can't add much to the other reviews here: very good rooms each with a modern bath, excellent location, reasonable price, friendly host. We were traveling as a foursome so we rented both rooms, meaning we had the top floor of the building to ourselves, and each couple had a door to close when they wanted privacy. We didn't mind climbing the 59 steps at all, but do take that into account.

Oh, and here's a feature I'm not sure anyone else has mentioned: like the rest of Vernazza, you get your own clothesline right outside the window. Just don't drop anything. Take it from me, just don't.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
IvoBasso, Owner at Ivo Camere, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2015

All right,
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay in Cinqueterra area.

Reviewed July 16, 2011

My sister, daughter and I stayed in Ivo's two rooms for two nights. A great location, clean room, and the bathrooms were excellent. We would definitely stay there again. Yes, a lot of stairs but we easily popped up to the room multiple times each day without difficulty - the location is so convenient and we figured the extra stairs helped balance out all the pasta and gelato we were consuming on our trip. Ivo was friendly, provided timely responses to email inquiries, and also helped carry our luggage up/down to and from the room.

Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
IvoBasso, Owner at Ivo Camere, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2015

Hello, nice to have you as my guests,
hope to see you again.

Reviewed July 6, 2011

Vernazza is absolutely beautiful and Ivo's room was perfect for us. There is a serious hike up the stairs, but that is to be expected in Vernazza. Other than that it was great. Ivo was very kind and easy going and we thoroughly enjoyed our visit. I can't really say anything negative about the room, it was fantastic.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
IvoBasso, Proprietario at Ivo Camere, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2015

Hope to see you again in the next, you were great too.
Best

Reviewed July 6, 2011

We booked our rom via internet after finding it at Tripadvisor. We didn't have to pay anything in advance. When we arrived by train at Vernazza we were picked up by Stephanie who walked us to our room. The main street Via Rome is so nice.
Ivo is very friendly and took our luggage up to our room. The room was not very big, but clean, a small fridge with a bottle of Ivo's home made wine and excellent view. We really enjoyed our stay at cingue terrre with Vernazza as the most Romantic of the 5 villages.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FemkeBas
IvoBasso, Owner at Ivo Camere, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2015

We enjoyed too your friendship

Reviewed July 3, 2011

I saw a reference to Ivo's Rooms on the Rick Steves website. We made the arrangement by email, and he gave several options for dates. I had Room 2 which has views to the front and the back. It was a bird's eye view of the "main street" and the buildings behind. And the weather was warm, so having both windows opened brought a nice breeze.

What other people said about stairs is true. If you don't like stairs, you probably shouldn't visit the Cinque Terre! You climb to go anywhere. But the town is especially enjoyable at night after the day-trippers have left.

I ate at the family's pizzeria across the street, run by Ivo's brother Aldo. The pizza with anchovies (a local specialty) was excellent. And the brothers and MIchelle who greeted me when I arrived make you feel very much at home.

And for those who need to use the internet, there is a Phone Home shop next door, and if you purchase a plan, you can get the signal up in the rooms. Otherwise, folks are clustered below checking IPhones and laptops.

Room Tip: Go watch the soccer games on the beach at night!