“ABSOLUTE BEST place to stay in VERNAZZA!!!”
Review of Elisabetta Carro

Elisabetta Carro
Ranked #10 of 39 Vernazza B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 29, 2009

My husband and I stayed 1 night with two friends and this was seriously the highlight of our already amazing 4 night trip. We originally booked with Rina Rooms but she wasn't feeling well so we stayed with Elisabetta. The quad we stayed in had all the amenities we needed and more (i.e. stove, refrigerator). Our room was ready upon arrival (we were told b/t 3-5pm) and weren't asked to check out until 1pm the following day. For anyone staying there, it might be a little difficult to find so take a right at the farmacia, go up several flights of steps and it's right there on your right. The views from our room and upstairs balcony were breathtaking!!! Elisabetta, her husband and white dog, Pepe, were super friendly & helpful with recommendations. We look forward to our next stay and would recommend this place to anyone looking for a truly amazing Cinque Terra experience. Thank you Elisabetta!!!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank firenzebella
There are newer reviews for Elisabetta Carro

Reviewed September 4, 2009

On reaching Vernazza we rang Elisabetta, the room wasn't ready but we were able to leave our cases while they finished. It is quite easy to find, just head down the street to where the cats lie together on the steps and head up the 80ish steps of via carotino. The room was clean, and the view from the terraces were amazing. We had the street level apartment with downstairs shower/toilet room , kettle , fridge and table with the bedroom up some very steep stairs. The trains are a bit noisy but i found that after a couple of nights that i got used to it. The two clocks chiming every half hour from 6 a.m till 10pm all add to the charm of this lovely village. Joseph was always friendly and obliging. The only thing that i think could be improved on is the kitchen equipment, a new set of cutlery and plates would be good. But i would certainly recommend people stay here, the terrace alone is worth the money.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2009

We had booked in for two nights (one for which we would have to move to her sister's) for a slightly lesser price. We had to leave very early after one night due to our daughter being ill in another town. This turned out to be fortunate as the room was 'piccolissimo' (very small) with hardly any room to get around the most uncomfortable bed. The trains were very noisy during the night and a lot of them. There was a small fridge in the room which kept things just cool and there was no way of turning it up. On top of the fridge was an old fan which had to be kept on all night as it was so stuffy. I did have the shutter doors open as well but we were getting eaten by mosquitos. There was an insect screen on the window but it had already been ripped open as that was the only way to open or close the shutters. The next morning as we were leaving, the couple in the ajoining room asked if we had hot water in the shower (which we did) as they had none. They needed urgently to shower as they were also departing so we suggested they climb over the dividing railing and use ours. I suppose the rent is on the low side for Vernazza, but you get what you pay for, and that was not much.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Elisabetta_Carro, owner at Elisabetta Carro, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2009

I am so sorry, but you did not stay at Room Elisabetta, but you are complaining about another rooms,my sister's room and in the email i told you that you did not stay for one night... Rooms elisabetta are clean, all with sea view.I won't give other tourists to my sister. She was wrong. And she has to pay... but please don't say that rooms elisabetta are not clean...I am very sorry for what happened.

Reviewed August 23, 2009

I wish I could have reviewed our stay at Elisabetta Carro's in Vernazza, but we never had the opportunity to actually stay at her place...

We reserved a Sea View room on the booking site that appears on her website, and secured the reservation with a credit card.

A day later, we got a note from Elisabetta advising us that we can either stay in a room without Sea View, or cancel the confirmed reservation we had made. Come again?

Subsequent one-line e-mails (I don't fault Elisabetta for not speaking/writing fluent English, but she was also very short on details/info) revealed that she was going to put us up at a relative's house, in a room with no view, FOR THE SAME PRICE as what we had reserved the sea view room for.
She could not produce pictures of this other room, nor could she point to any other review online of this place. No thanks. After our experience trying to book a room, we were not willing to take a chance taking a room we could not see/read reviews about.

So, if you want to take a gamble with your reservation getting honored or not, book a room with Elisabetta. Maybe you'll succeed, maybe you won't...

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank DBostonbali
Elisabetta_Carro, Owner at Elisabetta Carro, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2009

There was just a mistake, you booked in my web site, my room was full because 2 people had already booked the room with sea view for 60 euros and I cancelled the avaiability but the server did not work.
Immediately I found a room for you, 60 euro for 2 people normally is a very low price even for a room without sea view with private bathroom and in the center of the town.... the room is very comfortabe and in the central square. You did not want this room by saying that it was too expensive to be a room without sea view... Please go to vernazza and see if you can find a room with private bathroom, with fridge with a big window in the main street...I'll be grateful If you tell me if there's somebody who sells the room at this very low price. . Sorry for the misunderstanding.Thank you. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed August 14, 2009

Same old story. I saw the lower than I am used to rating, but given a long run in Europe, was in need of more affordable accommodation for the four of us over the course of two nights. As the internet gave little else to go on than weak tripadvisor indication, I was even more apprehensive. But I have to admit, the room was cute; the location was just fine - a three minute walk to the beach on a cute narrow land. I am glad I did not stay at water's edge given high noise levels. The unit, though the most economical of the four she rents out, was cool, suitably clean, spacious enough and best of all, very quiet. Elisabetta is sparse and hasty with email replies, which does not inspire great confidence, but she does respond and came through for us. Joseph, who attended to us at arrival, was wonderfully kind and evidently interested in our satisfaction. On account of all this, I have no trouble recommending Carro's rooms.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank mysticalmind
Reviewed August 8, 2009

Actually got a small apartment (though she has simple double rooms as well). Bedroom upstairs with a glimpse of the sea (have to go up on the roof to get the BIG view), living room and bathroom downstairs. Great little town, and Elisabetta was friendly and responsive, but its a pity the little stove was permanently out of order and she REALLY needs to buy a new bed for the apartment we were in. BUT, all things considered, we'd stay there again. If she replaced the stove and got a new bed (and maybe she has already?) it'd be a great place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2009

We stayed 2 nights here and it was one of the highlights of our 3 week trip. We took the top 2 rooms, (the 2 kids in one and my wife and I in the other) which meant we had the rooftop terrace to ourselves. I can't even describe the amazing views from the terrace. We had our breakfast there every day, and went up nighttime as well. The town of Monterosso (the next town over) had fireworks one night, and from the terrace we had a perfect view of them. We did not meet Elisabetta, but Joseph was super-friendly and helpful. We appreciated the use of the clothesline! The rooms are pretty basic, though getting a fridge in one was an unexpected and useful bonus. The bathrooms were also clean and modern. And falling asleep to the sound of the waves crashing below you is pretty special! ( you do have a certain amount of noise from the trains, but it didn't bother us). You definitely have to be prepared to climb lots of steep stairs though. Overall, we loved this place, and would readily go back.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank stmer
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vernazza
Albergo Marina
#2 of 39 in Vernazza
Hotel Gianni Franzi
Hotel Gianni Franzi
#12 of 39 in Vernazza

Been to Elisabetta Carro? Share your experiences!