“View of a lifetime!”

Camere Elisabetta
Ranked #10 of 40 Vernazza B&B and Inns
“View of a lifetime!”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Other reviewers have stated it, but the view from both your window and from the roof top terrace were amazing. We booked a double bed with shared bath on hostel world but when we got there we found a king sized bed with private bath. The bed was a little short for my 6'2" husband but it wasn't that big a deal. There was plenty of storage for our clothes, a hot water pitcher, instant cofee, cups and spoons. There was a ton of towels and a hairdryer. The roof top terrace had a lot of tables and chairs and a ton of lines for hanging wet towels and clothes. No breakfast but that was fine since the siscilian pastry shop is right up the way. I did count the steps to our room-112 but they go quickly and are really not that bad. If you are in the cinque Terre your are probably there for hiking so its what you should expect, plus the higher you hike up the better the view! And the room is right on the path to corniglia so you can just walk right out your door and get going. There are only a few improvements I would suggest to make this place top notch, but they are hardly cons. The shower curtain was extremely small so no matter which way you pulled it you ended up getting water all over the floor. The walls are thin so you can hear other people talking, but it wasn't too bad. And my only other suggestion would be to have small fridge or something to keep beers or wine cold in and a cover over part of the terrace so you can experience the view even with the scorching hot sun or rain. I would love to return to this place again some day....I really think it has the best view in town....360 degrees!

• Stayed June 2011

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Maroochydore, Australia
Reviewed May 27, 2011

if you want to stay in a place and feel like a local, this it is, homely, clean, view to die for, steep but managable walk into main street, after al this is cinque terre nothing is flat! quiet even though it is on main walking track for cinque terre, a place we could have stayed much longer, loved it

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
Reviewed April 16, 2011

I absolutely loved this place. It had the BEST VIEW ever. The most amazing sunset I ever seen in my life. I can't wait to go back. The room was clean, with clean bathroom, had all that we need. We didn't get to meet Elisabetta but we had the pleasure to meet her husband, very nice man. I definitely recommend this hotel if you want to have the most romantic and beautiful view from Vernazza. Thank you for the restaurants recommendations and for your hospitality. We hope to stay at your place again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Leticia31
Sydney
Reviewed September 10, 2010

Stayed at Elisabetta rooms for 2 nights in August 2010 and LOVED it!! We found the rooms through the busabout website and booked not sure what room we were going to get. We were amazed though on arrival to find we had our own little mini apartment which was a nice change to small european hostels!!! The walk up to the rooms is a a steep staircase which was a little hard with our backpacks and in the heat but the entire area is built like this and it was a gorgeous view from the top!! Elisabetta and her husband greeted us warmly and quickly got the room ready for us!
Vernazza is the most gorgeous place in the world and is a MUST see fgor anyone heading to Italy and Elisabetta rooms is the perfect place to stay!!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sarahsherlock
Western Australia
Reviewed September 1, 2010

My sister and I stayed 2 nights at Elisabetta and would have loved to stay longer. After dragging our bags up the many steps we were unable to find anyone, luckily a neighbour informed us that the owner was in town. Soon after a man appeared telling us they were fully booked, I told him that we had a room booked but he still seemed doubtful even after checking his paperwork, not sure what he was looking for as he didn't even ask for our names - fortunately my sister saw my name on the list and pointed it out to him. I assume he must have been Joseph who I have just been reading about in the reviews, although he wasn't at all friendly or welcoming. He didn't introduce himself and seemed annoyed when I asked him if he had a room with twin beds as I was with my sister and our room was a double (as I had booked it through the Busabout site and that was all that was available even though I had booked it 9 months before). I thought I would enquire, just in case, although being peak season I knew it was highly unlikely. He told me if we didn't want it that was fine and seemed keen to send us on our way. I got the impression he was very annoyed that we had got the room for 110 euro for 2 nights cos he muttered something about 100 euro a night and gesturing with his hands making other comments which I won't disclose. I assured him that we did want the accommodation regardless of the double bed. He finished cleaning our room while we waited. We never got to meet his wife, but he did seem a little more friendly by the time we paid our account the next day.
All that aside, we loved our accommodation and thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Vernazza. The quaint little town, the ocean crashing against the cliffs, drinks on the balcony while enjoying the wonderful views certainly made up for the shaky start at Elisabetta.

• Stayed August 2010
3 Thank Rusty60
USA
Reviewed August 26, 2010

When all is said and done, this is the one hotel my mother most wants to stay at again during a return visit to Italy she is now planning. Yes, you walk along a cliff to get to the rooms. Yes, you arrive at the train station at night wondering where to go. Yes, there was a note on the table saying to leave what we still owed without saying how much it was, but Vernazza is charming, you can't fault the hikes, the restaurants fed us well, you can get there by train and our rooms had multiple sleeping options.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Dubbo, Australia
Reviewed July 27, 2010

This was in a great location. Good value for money with a comfortable bed. The ocean view in the apartment is from the balcony not the window of the room, however, who wants to be sitting in your room in this beautiful place. Get out and enjoy it!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vernazza
Luna di Marzo
#7 of 40 in Vernazza
Pensione Sorriso
Pensione Sorriso
#29 of 40 in Vernazza

Been to Camere Elisabetta? Share your experiences!