“These are the Rooms”

Affittacamere Tonino Basso
Ranked #27 of 39 Vernazza B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 30, 2011

Nice option in Vernazza. Its all true what the other reviews say. We found the rooms to have 4 very good walls and an excellant roof. The free fruit was unbeleivable. Pay up front to stay on the good side of Tonino. The cafe underneath has excellant food and a comedy act to go with.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank outbacksnowbunny

Reviewed June 30, 2011

We stayed here for three nights and were please we pick Tonino's. It is close to the main part of town but far enough away to feel private. The post office is next door and there appeared to be some kind of tourist bus stop right outside the room. My one complaint would be the lack of food and overall sterile feeling of the place- we never felt at home there, which is fine when you're on the go, but I happened to catch a cold and had a hard time staying warm and comforable in our room at night. The very best thing about the place was the laptop in the room, there for our use. It was very convenient to not have to go to an internet cafe.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 15, 2011

I enjoyed staying here (and also heard after the fact that Rick Steves stays here too), but the room walls are paper thin. No breakfast included (which I got used to in Italy, but not at this place), but the internet is free, which was a very nice amenity to have. Tonino also has a computer in each room that guests can use - this is a really nice touch in my mind. The rooms are in a residential/apartment like building, and I liked that check-in is as early as 10am, but that means you'll need to check out by that time too.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank triptips007
Reviewed June 6, 2011

Can't say enough positive things about Tonino Basso and Vernazza. Absolutely magical! Although it's hard to pick favorites in a place like Cinque Terre, Vernazza was my favorite town and Tonino Basso exceeded my expectations.

The rooms at Tonino Basso were clean and spacious and Tonino was very responsive via email when booking our room. Very, very reasonable price as well. He has double beds, which are somewhat rare in Europe and to me, was an added bonus. He even met us at the train station when we arrived. He was very warm, friendly and helpful.

I KNOW we will be back to Vernazza someday (we got engaged there on our trip- probably why I think it's magical) and we will definitely stay at Tonino Basso again. I have recommended Tonino Basso to several people since I stayed there and they all had great experiences as well.

Also, there is a restaurant called Ristorante Belforte that had the BEST food I've ever had in my life and the most incredible atmosphere- http://www.ristorantebelforte.it/

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Elizabeth0523
Reviewed June 5, 2011

We honestly lucked out to get a room at Tonino's place with only a month or so to spare. His rooms are clean, spacious, and well-stocked. His building has an elevator which is rare in these parts. It is an easy walk from the train station, and just above the nicest little restaurant/cafe. It's also quite quiet at night except for two swans that inhabit the creek across the lane. Tonino himself is very personable, and met us at the train station to help us up to his place, taking my wife's suitcase for her. I don't think you can do much better if you want to stay in Vernazza during your visit to the beautiful Cinque Terre region.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Oiler99
Reviewed June 1, 2011

If you are driving, these rooms are right in the beginning of the town. The only building in Vernazza with elevator (or so Rick Steves claims). Very clean rooms, small but cozy. No breakfast included. ATM right outside. Free wifi/Internet and a computer in room are included.

It is possible and simple to reserve rooms when you get to town. There are signs everywhere (by train station/parking lot). but if you prefer to reserve ahead of time, this is an excellent choice.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 28, 2011

Vernazza was my favorite town in Cinque Terre, and I'm glad I was able to stay here for 2 nights. Tonino is very friendly and accommodating. He met me outside the train station and showed us to the building just up the street. The rooms are in a building that I assume is mostly apartments, although I never saw anyone else coming or going.

The room was very clean, and had all the amenities you'd expect from a larger hotel. The wifi and laptop available were great to have, and although there's no breakfast, Il Pirata has delicious pastries just downstairs. I would definitely stay here again, and recommend it highly to anyone considering visiting Cinque Terre.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple