“Finally, a good beer!”
Review of Burgus

Burgus
Ranked #29 of 36 Restaurants in Vernazza
Dining options: Late Night, Takeout
Description: Breakfast and Happy Hour. A fantastic place for a fantastic time. Located in the square by the sea .
Reviewed September 23, 2016

So far in our trip, I had only found bland beers. At this place, I finally found some beer with character. The tables out front are right at the crossroads where the road pours people into the square. Great people watching opportunity while you take a break.
The prices are very high, but for a couple days, it was worth it to me to get something decent to drink. We met several people just hanging out there including the owner.
Friendly staff.

Reviewed August 27, 2016 via mobile

The place was very well located. But crazy overpriced. I would avoid it specially since the bar in the other corner has the same for a third of the price

1  Thank Carlos L
Reviewed August 27, 2016 via mobile

The third of the 5 lands visited. Burgus is another land - (b)land. I am being harsh. Aside from having to move the table and chairs to avoid being run over by white van man, or having my order forgotten twice, or being asked if we needed the ashtray with my cigarettes on said ashtray, or having my bill utterly incorrect, it was a relatively terrible place to have an expensive Spritz (note, not Aperol Spritz, but Spritz, since the Aperol was as absent as the service).

But lets face it - its only one of two bars with the view - so go, roll the dice, hopefully you will be lucky.

Reviewed August 15, 2016 via mobile

Nice small shop with good variety of drinks and great coffee. They do not serve full mils but are very nice and helpful so they may help you finding good food. Take a drink and enjoy the sites in Vernazza their chairs are located in the very square of the city which is very lively and colorful. Have fun.

Reviewed April 30, 2016

Although this was THE place in Vernazza with the best vibe and lots of people chatting and drinking inside and out, I was most impressed when a funeral cortege from the next door church passed by because the young bar staff closed the doors and windows and turned the music off as a sign of respect.
It's perfectly placed at the edge of the main Piazza Marconi down in the harbour, next to the Santa Margherita di Antiochia church. Service is good, wine is excellent and includes local wine, and prices are decent too. It's not really a place to eat - more somewhere to go before and/or after your evening meal for some leisurely people-watching. I wish I was still there watching the boats being hauled in!