Il Pirata Rooms
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Vernazza
See available hotels
Hotel Porto Roca(Monterosso al Mare)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Pasquale(Monterosso al Mare)
  • Breakfast included
La Colonnina Hotel(Monterosso al Mare)
Moretto(Monterosso al Mare)
View Hotel
Hotel Stella della Marina(Monterosso al Mare)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Souvenir(Monterosso al Mare)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Margherita(Monterosso al Mare)
  • Bar/Lounge
Albergo Degli Amici(Monterosso al Mare)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Villa Steno(Monterosso al Mare)
View Hotel
Albergo Marina(Monterosso al Mare)
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 3, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Il Pirata Rooms for 2 nights and were very comfortable. The bed was very comfortable and the linens were very fresh smelling. It was a plus to be above town as the only noise was the babbling brook below the window. Il Pirata has minimal stairs so I would recommend Il Pirata to anyone who isn't hung up on having a view and enjoys a good peaceful sleep with a great breakfast included. Well worth the money.

Room Tip: view = stairs in The Cinque Terre
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 24, 2011

My husband and I booked a last minute trip to Italy and had a lot of trouble finding a room in Vernazza, so we "settled" for staying at Il Pirata (in one of the two rooms a quick walk up from the bar/cafe of the same name).

I wasn't excited about the place due to the lack of a view and so few reviews here on TA, but that all changed once we arrived. We had been given good directions on how to get to the bar, which doubles as reception, from the train station (a 2 minute walk up the hill) and were greeted with genuine warmth by the twins upon arrival, after which we were quickly escorted to our room (another minute or so up the hill). The twins made note of our names and continued to call us by them throughout our stay.

While the room lacks a view and any sort of Italian charm, it is spacious and clean and so I have no complaints (my 6'3" husband didn't care for the footboard on the bed). It's a bit removed from "downtown" so it's very quiet and peaceful (and perfectly safe) at night, but still only a couple of minutes' walk from restaurants, bars, and the ocean. This town is not big at all, so you're not missing anything by staying up here.

The included breakfast at the brothers' cafe was delicious - choice of one pastry, one freshly squeezed juice or slushie, and one coffee. On our second day we asked for an extra pastry to share and the brothers refused to let us pay for it.

Free Wifi is included in your room stay but is accessible only in the cafe, not in the room. We didn't find this to be an inconvenience at all.

Dinner at the cafe was also wonderful.

We would stay with these guys again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 12, 2011

We stayed in the Il Pirata for one night (we were going to stay two nights but the weather and locals left us less than happy...so we moved on). The room is very spacious and clean for the area. The down side is there is no view, you are next to a rather noisy brook (this may be tranquil for some readers), and the breakfast is down the street. It was a bit inconvenient. It would have been better if they had a coffee pot or something in the room. When we arrived we parked in the city area and we were told the car would be fine for the night (it was March and off season). When we woke the next morning we found out nice black car keyed up pretty good. Not a nice welcome from the locals. In this little town, I'd settle for less in a room to get the view and breakfast (We paid 130 euros a night). Given the cold reception we received in nearly every village in the Cinque Terre and the overpriced- poor quality of food and services... buyer beware (especially of Rick Steves suggestions-because everyone in CT is carrying his books). Go for the views but keep your other expectations lower.

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed March 22, 2011

stayed two nights in room with double bed. Comfortable, linens soft and fresh smelling. Windows open to rushing water stream and some car traffic noise from road. View isof elevated parking lot . The two twin brothers make you smile with their humor and quick wit. Price of room included breakfast (fresh blood orange juice, pastry and coffee). Lots of selection and too many too try. Lunch and dinner excellent as well. One incident that made me uncomfortable: Returned to room mid-day and found wife of one of the brothers in our room hanging using the window clothesline. The next room was empty and wondered why she didn't enter that room to hang laundry. All our belongings were intact, but I felt my privacy was challenged. Overall, I would recommend staying at Il Pirata and at the least eat at the cafe!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 6, 2010

I sepnt two nights in the studio apartment with my wife. We had a wonderful time. The apartment was very clean and Massimo was an excellent host. They also have wonderful food in their restaurant for breakfast and dinner as well. We hope to return next year and stay again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple