“Fresh gelati with a smile”

Gelateria Il Porticciolo
Ranked #2 of 3 Dessert in Vernazza
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Gold Coast
“Fresh gelati with a smile”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

We tried gelati everywhere in Italy, some was good, some not so good.We felt the gelati here was fresh and flavoursome, not too fluffy. Although we had to wait in the queue, the gentleman who served us was courteous and smiled, which is more than I can say for many other gelati servers. We would return to Il Porticciolo next time we visit Vernazza.

• Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Good gelato and service, ideal location”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

This gelato isn't anything special and many other places are just as good, but it's in a good location on the sea front with some of the better service we received whilst travelling tuscany. I have to say their nutty flavours were particularly nice and some of my favourite from our stay.

Ottawa
“Overrated”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Gelato was just alright, nothing special, tried lemon and cinnamon. Vernazza Gelateria is way better, so rewarding after hiking from Monterosso.

• Visited April 2014
“Nothing out of the ordinary”
Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

It was a standard gelato (for Italy).
I grant that generally in very touristic places the ice creams are below average, but this one was average in flavor, an average in price (same price as others nearby).

Two things that really bummed me out....the selection was quite narrow and the servings quite small, the smallest I've had in Italy since I arrived almost two years ago.

I had a much better gelato at Alberto's in Corniglia.

“Terrible!!”
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

Anyone who rates this place as excellent clearly has not had a wide enough variety of gelato.
Have travelled around the world and currently going through various regions of Italy sampling the gelato in every place. And I have to say that this place has the worst gelato I've ever had. It may be relatively cheap, but you don't get much for your money (extremely stingy with their serving) and the gelato itself didn't have much flavor.