“Cozy renovated restaurant with fresh seafood”

Trattoria da Sandro
Ranked #21 of 33 Restaurants in Vernazza
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Lawrenceville, GA
“Cozy renovated restaurant with fresh seafood”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

The seafood we ordered at Trattoria da Sandro and also the pasta were all well prepared by the owner/chef. He and his wife were very cordial and happy to have the several tables of customers who were there just a week before their high season began. We were lucky to be able to spend the evening talking with them about the horrible flood that had devastated their business in October of 2011. They brought out photos of the wreckage and told us their stories tearfully. They have done a beautiful job on the renovations and we felt like we were eating a home-cooked meal among friends.

Visited April 2013

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Haifa, Israel
“The food was ok, but very expensive”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I don't think you can have bad food in Italy, but because of so many tourists this restaurant's owner allows himself to charge a lot for the food, a small glass of juice was 3.5 Euro, we paid 38 Euro for the whole meal and we had one main course (pasta for me and some meat for my husband) and a glass of drink (I had juice and my husband had a coke).

Lisboa
“The best seafood in Cinque Terre!”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

After our first visit we went back for more! Excelent food, friendly service by two very welcoming ladies. After the first dinner we had our own table waiting for us every night!

I miss those wonderful dinners! I will go back one day! Thank you da Sandro for the memorable times that we spwnt there!

Sarasota, Florida
“Delightful dinner”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

It was pouring rain outside so we sat inside which was very cozy. At one point, the lighting & thunder scared a local cat inside. Quite amusing to watch the staff shoo the cat out ;-) We had a bottle of the local white Cantina Cinque Terre wine which was quite good. Our antipasti's were tasty - octopus salad & anchovies and oil. My stuffed mussels, were amazing and were one of the best dishes I had while in Italy but my husbands fried mixed seafood had little flavor. Dessert was delightful. Other than my husband's main course, the meal was most enjoyable. Go for the stuffed mussels!!!

London, UIK
“Best food in Vernazza”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

My boyfriend and I spent three nights in Vernazza and visited many different establishments. Trattoria da Sandro was by far the best dinner. It was recommended to us by another restaurant owner, so it obviously has a good reputation amongst the locals.
We ordered the tuna & tomato millefeuille - it was the best starter I have had in a while. Inexpensive for what you get! Absolutely delicious. Also had pasta & fish. I would highly recommend Sandro's - great value, friendly staff (which unfortunately, cannot be found everywhere in Vernazza) and delicious food.

1 Thank AMS1412