“Love Vernazza!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Vernazza
Camere Manuela Moggia
Ranked #34 of 39 Vernazza B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 30, 2012

My wife and I stayed in one of Manuela's rooms last summer for a few days. After hiking through all of the towns we thought Vernazza had the best food and wine variety. The apartment was clean and tidy and we enjoyed cooking the produce we bought in the markets. Manuela met us at the train station and walked us up to the apartment so we could find it when we arrived. Our paradise was only slightly tinged by the multiple church bells we could hear tolling pretty early every morning. With the relative small size of the town, I'm pretty sure everyone else heard the church bells wherever they were as well as us!

Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Steve K

Reviewed November 23, 2011

We rented 3 rooms from Manuela for a family group of 5 adults, 2 children and a baby. One apartment was at the top of town, the other two, were in the middle of town. Apartments were clean and nicely furnished. They are small apartments, but that is what you get in this tiny, picturesque town. A washing machine would have made our stay wonderful - as hand washing for 2 kids and ourselves is a little time consuming in the shower!. Great option in the best of the 5 villages.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank nirliz
Reviewed September 25, 2011

The apartment was all that we needed, clean and comfortable. there are quite a few stairs to drag the suitcase, but you have to accept that if you want to stay in the cinque terre. Manuela met us at the train station and was happy to advise on places to eat etc. I think Vernazza was the best of all 5 towns, smaller and less commercialised than some of the others and would be happy to go back for another stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2011

Loved the appartment under the castle. It was a perfect set up for our family. One big bed and one small, and our daughter created a 3rd single bed on the floor by piling up some bedding from the well supplied closet. Lovely studio with views of the town harbor! Kitchenette and very nice bathroom. Nice breeze. Quiet. Easy to work with Manuela on what we needed. Challenging hike up many stairs with luggage to get there, but worth it. And we enjoyed our short walks up to Pirata Caffe (top of the village away from harbor) both mornings we were there to enjoy the best breakfast in Italy during our 2 week stay. That's where we got our free WiFi each morning for whatever we needed. Also - the hike from Corniglia down to Vernazza was outstanding! Vernazza and the Cinque Terra was definitely a highlight of our trip.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 24, 2011

Of all the reservations I made online for our Italy trip, Manuela took a while to reply to our inquiry. When I did get the reply, the offered price was slightly more than the published rate on her website, and I wrote back to clarify. We managed to agree on the price and reserved the apartment on via Gavino. On the day we arrived, we rang Manuela who met us at the train station and walked us uphill to the apartment. The place is on the 2nd floor, so there are some narrow steps to climb. There's a laundry line but no washing machine facility is available. There are 2 single beds that occupy what would have been a living room, and there is a double bed in the other room. 1 bathroom and a small kitchen with stove and a small fridge. The only problem we had was the mosquitoes in the evening but that was solved as we found some repellent/incense thingy in the apartment. It's very quiet at night, getting our beauty sleep was not a problem at all :)

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 9, 2011

Back in February I reserved Manuela 2 for 2 nights, June 2nd and 3rd and re-confirmed the reservation a week before arriving. Manuela confirmed our reservation. When we arrived she had her friend take us to the room, problem was it was not the one we reserved. I showed her friend the confirmation with the address but she said she didn’t know where it was. I called Manuela and told her this was not our room, she said there was a problem with the bathroom. Funny, she didn’t mention that when I confirmed the reservation last week or even when we met her earlier the day of arrival. The new room was in a different area of town, was a significant step down in quality and was right above a restaurant kitchen so it was noisy at night. I later learned this was an Italian holiday weekend. My guess is that someone local offered to rent Manuela 2 for more than 2 nights so were out of luck, even though I had confirmed with a credit card. In fairness, Manuela did offer to pay for a continental breakfast worth about $6 euro. This does not compensate for not living up to her room commitment. I do not enjoy writing a bad review but I hope other people don’t have a similar experience.

Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
8  Thank travelguy55l
Reviewed October 18, 2010

My daughter, Kathy, and I rented Manuela's 2 bedroom apartment at 22 Via Gavino for 4 nights in September. Manuela met us at the train station and walked us up the hill to the apartment. She took time to explain everything to us and left us with her mobile #. She was very helpful.
The apartment was very clean and exactly as represented in the photos. We couldn't have been more pleased with our choice. It sets back off the street and was very quiet at night.
Also, we were just steps away from the restaurant, Il Pirata, mentioned in the Trip Advisor restaurant section. We went there every morning for their delicious pastries. We also had a great dinner there. The twins are very entertaining.
Vernazza is darling and is a good base to start your hiking. We were able to hike to Monterrossa al Mare and Corneglia from here. It's an ideal location.
Thanks, Manuela