“Dinner with a great view!”

Ristorante Il Gambero Rosso
Ranked #11 of 36 Restaurants in Vernazza
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 23, 2016

This was our first night in town and after some sightseeing and a kayak paddle, we changed and came here for dinner.
Got right in around 9pm with reservation that probably wasn't needed but the place was still pretty full.
I had the mixed anchovies appetizer and ordered the Sauteed prawns (scampi), shrimps and lobster for dinner. My wife had the Pasta with pesto ligure sauce.
All our food was fantastic! The assorted anchovies were outstanding, fresh makes a difference.
The view sitting on the square was great. Watching people as the evening wound down was fun. We loved Vernazza and this restaurant was part of it.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,203)

Reviewed September 22, 2016

This was one of our favorite meals in all of Italy. We had no idea having a reservation for dinner was so important in Vernazza, but we were able to get in only 30 minutes after we asked for a table. We had a quick drink before and our table was waiting for us when we came back. I got the Spaghetti with Clams and Mussels, very good, a little salty, but I don't like too much salt on anything. My husband got the Trofie al Pesto, which is a must in Cinque Terre - he actually had it 2 nights in a row he loved it so much. The service was great, the prices were great, the food was great and the views were amazing. You really can't ask for more!

Reviewed September 20, 2016

Very much enjoyed our lunch during our Cinque Terre tour. The pasta with pesto was outstanding. Luckily, were sat right across the "beach". It was incredibly beautiful.

Reviewed September 19, 2016 via mobile

My wife and I had lunch here recently. Nice outdoor setting with nice views of the plaza and the sea. Very crowded and busy for lunch. I had the spaghetti with meat sauce. A larger than expected serving. It was good but not great. My wife had the mixed seafood grill - she raved about the dish. The plate included a sea bass, shrimp, calamari, and one other fish - see photo. A glass of house red and pint of beer completed the meal.

Service was good, but it was a bit pricy as you are paying for the location. Still recommended.

Reviewed September 19, 2016 via mobile

What a delight to sit by the harbour and enjoy the view, the people, the activity and to have delicious food and processco. I could not believe the Hugh bowl of mussels pretended to my friend. It was enough for three. Portions were good sizes and very good. It's hard to get the seats by the wall but that made it extra special