“Fried fish”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Tampere, Finland
“Fried fish”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

The restaurant looks classy and pricey but actually it is affordable. My wife too pasta with pesto which was ok, I took fried fish and I was astonished by the size of it. There was fish of various size, tiger prawns and a langusta (I guess). Very good but of course much of work with the prawns :)

On the walls there were photos on the disaster in 2011. I am really touched about the passion how the villagers wanted to correct the damages and in such a short timeframe. Hopefully improvements made are sufficient so that this kind of disaster will never happen again.

• Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
vancouver
“Amazing food and friendly prompt service”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Our experience was nothing but positive - from the service to the food.

Our waiters were friendly and not overly disruptive or invasive - they knew exactly when to approach our table and when to clear out our plates.

The food was amazingly fresh and served promptly to our table. On the first night we had the seafood platter and the pesto and walnut pasta dishes. All were incredibly tasty and perfectly cooked - never have we tasted octopus that was so tender. The second night we came back was just as impressive as the first night. They kindly even offered us drinks on the house at the end of our meal.

Il Gambero Rosso will definitely be a place that we will remember and we would no doubt come back to eat here again.

Mexico
“Overrated”
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Overpriced. Servers were polite but chef/owner very rude. Food was average. House white wine was great. Clean restaurant. Desserts were not impressive. Should have saved our $ for gelato one door down post-meal.

Visited April 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“The food was average”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We were very hungry once we got off the boat in Vernazza and stopped at the first restaurant (this one) we saw. I ordered grilled seafood and my wife ordered pasta. They just gave bread with no olive oil. My wife asked for it and they gave a brand new bottle. So returned it without opening it.
I didn't read the reviews before going to Cinque Terre, which I should have done as there are many other better and cheaper options. We paid 40 euros for not so satisfying lunch. The service was under par.

London, United Kingdom
“Overpriced”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Highly overpriced. The most expensive meal we had in Italy but not the best. When I asked for the bill, the waiter told us an amount without bringing a bill. After I insisted, he gave me a bill which indicated another, higher amount. That looked fishy to me and made me think that they practice tax evasion. The waiters were not rude to us, however after reading other reviews and especially the restaurant's comments ro them I tend to believe that they can be impolite.

1 Thank radupa