“Fantastic romantic meal”

Ranked #5 of 34 Restaurants in Vernazza
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We absolutely loved Ristorante Belforte! I called early and reserved a table overlooking the water. If you make your reservation early enough and are looking for a romantic meal, ask for "The Lovers' Table". This table overlooks the water and is set higher than other tables so you feel like you are sharing a meal by yourselves on the edge of a cliff. The staff was wonderful and was even willing to forgive us for arriving late due to a train mishap.

All of the food was delicious. I particularly recall the anchovy sample platter that I enjoyed as an antipasto. My wife's pasta was amazing as well. No detail was overlooked, and everything far exceeded our expectations. This is an absolute cannot miss if you are visiting the Cinque Terre!

1  Thank David G

Reviewed September 22, 2013

After walking the cinque terra to vernazza we stopped for lunch at Belforte. It was very crowded but the man working got us a great table right away. He was very helpful with the menu and constantly checked on us. I ordered the shrimp and they were simple and some of the best I have ever had(although the portions were on the small side). The dessert was also great and the whole atmosphere with the sea surrounding you was wonderful. I definitely recommend it to everyone!

Reviewed September 20, 2013

This restaurant not only has exceptional service, delicious food, breathtaking views but it's also in a unique fort!
We were lucky enough to celebrate our engagement here after my fiancé proposed just outside that evening (October 21st 2012) and we celebrated with seafood, champagne & a perfect dessert.
Our waiter was funny, polite, entertaining (he even shared a photo of a celebrity Australian singer Kylie Minogue who had dined their previously)
The food was well cooked, delicious and it was just the perfect location to celebrate our engagement. Thank you to the amazing staff :) We get married in 4 weeks in Sydney, Australia!

Reviewed September 19, 2013

My wife and I recently visited the Cinque Terre region of Italy. In the town of Vernazza we serendipitously stopped at Ristorante Belforte. At the bar area, I asked for a table for two. Turns out I was talking to owner and he gave us a table on the outside edge of the lower patio overlooking the sea. And what a spectacular view it was! We ordered salads and seafood specialties of the Ligurian region for lunch along with the house white wine. All were delicious. The service was very attentive and friendly. Coincidently we were seated with a young couple from the NYC area. We struck up a wonderful conversation and found that we even had a common connection. Small world.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

My wife and I recently traveled to the Cinque Terre region in Italy. In the town of Vernazza, we stopped for lunch at Ristorante Belforte. The owner gave us a table directly overlooking the sea on the lower patio. What a spectacular view! We ordered the house white wine, which was excellent to go with our salads and seafood lunch. The food was delicious. The service very attentive. We were seated with a young couple and we had a great time talking together. Turned out we even had a common connection. Small world.