“Wow!”
Review of La Marina Rooms

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Vernazza
La Marina Rooms
Ranked #5 of 39 Vernazza B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 12, 2011

This is an incredible spot! We will never forget sitting on the balcony, drinking wine and watching the sun set over the shimmering Mediterranean. It will always be one of our fondest memories! The only reason not to stay here is if you are unable to climb stairs (there are a LOT of them). Otherwise, you don't want to miss this special spot in a comfortable room (we had room 2) and a very gracious and helpful host (Christian). We enjoyed every minute in this beautiful village!

3  Thank camfam6
There are newer reviews for La Marina Rooms

Reviewed November 3, 2011

Overall, I'd say this was a good place to stay, However, and it's a big however, there were a few things which made the stay unenjoyable enough to not stay there again without significant changes. Most of all, the bed was AWFUL!! It was a thin mattress laid on top of a frame. All we could feel were springs in the bed underneath us. Prior to our arrival, we requested (in a special section set aside for such requests) that we be provided extra pillows. When we arrived, upon request, we received one pillow which was as flat as a pancake. We then requested another. We then received a poor imitation of a pillow in a pillowcase - from where it's hard to say. It was like a throw-away from a hospital. We also had the extreme disadvantage of being in Vernazza during the awful flooding/rushing waters and almost lost our lives.
Upon our arrival, the caretaker, Christian, was initially very helpful trying to assist us with luggage, etc. After our escape from the flooding, he was so very helpful to us and led us to the 'castle' for food, drink, etc. The next day, however, when we were hoping to stay a little longer to help the townspeople with the clean-up (and to utilize my skills as a Registered Nurse, if needed), Christian rushed us to pack quickly to get out, and even though this may have been necessary, his attitude and yelling at us during the process was not. I understand his stress as his village had been destroyed, but his attitude and actions that day were uncalled for. He became beligerent and ugly with us and I told him so.
I would say that in the future I will not be seeking these accomodations. For others, perhaps it is fine, but I prefer a proprietor who is more personable, and a bed that is more comfortable.

Room Tip: If you have a hard time with stairs, stay somewhere else. It's a looooong climb!
3  Thank ronandrobin1
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Christian met us in town and helped us carry the bags to our room. We only stayed two nights but we will be back. The views were amazing! Our room looked right out onto the Mediterranean. The town was quaint and the food everywhere was delicious. It was the best part of a two week vacation.

Reviewed October 30, 2011

My husband and I stayed at La Marina in Vernazza for two nights mid-September. Christian was at the train station within a few minutes after I called him and led us to his hotel He carried my luggage for me which I so appreciated. Yes, there are alot of steps leading to La Marina, but it is soooooo worth it:) Our room was so spacious with a beautiful view of the village and the sea. The patio is shared by other guests, but what a wonderful way to meet fellow travelers while sipping a glass of wine and watching the sunset. I cannot wait to return to Vernazza and La Marina! Thank you Christian for making our stay perfect!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2011

I stayed in Vernazza for 5 nights this summer and fell in love with this quaint, beautiful town. I booked the single room in La Marina based on all the great reviews I found on TripAdvisor, and I was not disappointed!! Christian met me at the train station and helped me carry my bags, which were quite full from my 2 weeks of shopping up to that point!! Water polo has served Christian well, and he threw my bag on his shoulder and away he went. The single room was very spacious, and the bed is actually a full-sized bed, which was a great surprise. The view was, well, PERFECT! The single room looks out over the Mediterranean and it was just stunning. I spent a lot of time on the balcony enjoying the scenery. The attached bathroom was nice, though the shower was quite small and had a strange slant to the floor. When I arrived, the shower head was not working, but Christian came over right away and changed it out, which was great. The only complaint that I have is that because there are no screens on the windows (and no A/C), the mosquitos were a bit troublesome. But it was worth it to have a wonderful breeze in the evening. Also, there are A LOT of stairs (176, I believe) so this IS NOT the place for someone who is unable to climb. For that matter, I suppose you may want to stay away from Cinque Terre if you are unfit, as the towns are all a bit steep.

Overall, this was a spectacular place to stay in a spectacular village. I cannot wait to go back!!

Room Tip: The single room actually has a full-size bed, not a twin. The double room with the ocean view is...
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 24, 2011

We needed a "triple room". What we got was a two bedroom 1 bath apartment with full kitchen. No view. No breakfast included. But neither of those mattered. Very convenient and a great location. Christian gave us his cell number. We called when we arrived at the train station. In a few minutes he met us and guided us to the room. He was very helpful and friendly. The apartment couldn't have been better.
Two drawbacks: 1. they want payment in cash so be prepared. 2. We had to take the 9:30 am train on day of check out. We arranged to meet Christian between 9 and 9:15 to settle the bill but he didn't show. We left the money and keys on the table. Be sure you arrange and remind him.

Otherwise this is a beautiful town and a great place to stay.

Reviewed October 22, 2011

We spent four nights at. La Marina. We had a view of the town and access to the terrace with a panoramic view of Vernazza and the Sea. Our room was spacious, modern, with a queen bed, small refrigerator, lovely bathroom. Everything was very clean and the sheets were changed every day. Christian was wonderful to deal with. He met us right outside the train station, gave us a mini tour of the town and carried our bags up the 88 steps to our room. He was never more than a phone call away and was very helpful with questions and suggestions.
We visited all five towns and Vernazza is by far the prettiest, and La Marina has a great location in the town. If you can handle the climb, the view is well worth it!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank carbour
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vernazza
Locanda del Sole
#11 of 39 in Vernazza
Camere Fontanavecchia
Camere Fontanavecchia
#7 of 39 in Vernazza

Been to La Marina Rooms? Share your experiences!