“La Marina and Christian - fantastic”
Review of La Marina Rooms

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Vernazza
La Marina Rooms
Ranked #5 of 39 Vernazza B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 30, 2011

My husband and I stayed at La Marina in Vernazza for two nights mid-September. Christian was at the train station within a few minutes after I called him and led us to his hotel He carried my luggage for me which I so appreciated. Yes, there are alot of steps leading to La Marina, but it is soooooo worth it:) Our room was so spacious with a beautiful view of the village and the sea. The patio is shared by other guests, but what a wonderful way to meet fellow travelers while sipping a glass of wine and watching the sunset. I cannot wait to return to Vernazza and La Marina! Thank you Christian for making our stay perfect!!

Reviewed October 28, 2011

I stayed in Vernazza for 5 nights this summer and fell in love with this quaint, beautiful town. I booked the single room in La Marina based on all the great reviews I found on TripAdvisor, and I was not disappointed!! Christian met me at the train station and helped me carry my bags, which were quite full from my 2 weeks of shopping up to that point!! Water polo has served Christian well, and he threw my bag on his shoulder and away he went. The single room was very spacious, and the bed is actually a full-sized bed, which was a great surprise. The view was, well, PERFECT! The single room looks out over the Mediterranean and it was just stunning. I spent a lot of time on the balcony enjoying the scenery. The attached bathroom was nice, though the shower was quite small and had a strange slant to the floor. When I arrived, the shower head was not working, but Christian came over right away and changed it out, which was great. The only complaint that I have is that because there are no screens on the windows (and no A/C), the mosquitos were a bit troublesome. But it was worth it to have a wonderful breeze in the evening. Also, there are A LOT of stairs (176, I believe) so this IS NOT the place for someone who is unable to climb. For that matter, I suppose you may want to stay away from Cinque Terre if you are unfit, as the towns are all a bit steep.

Overall, this was a spectacular place to stay in a spectacular village. I cannot wait to go back!!

Room Tip: The single room actually has a full-size bed, not a twin. The double room with the ocean view is...
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 24, 2011

We needed a "triple room". What we got was a two bedroom 1 bath apartment with full kitchen. No view. No breakfast included. But neither of those mattered. Very convenient and a great location. Christian gave us his cell number. We called when we arrived at the train station. In a few minutes he met us and guided us to the room. He was very helpful and friendly. The apartment couldn't have been better.
Two drawbacks: 1. they want payment in cash so be prepared. 2. We had to take the 9:30 am train on day of check out. We arranged to meet Christian between 9 and 9:15 to settle the bill but he didn't show. We left the money and keys on the table. Be sure you arrange and remind him.

Otherwise this is a beautiful town and a great place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 22, 2011

We spent four nights at. La Marina. We had a view of the town and access to the terrace with a panoramic view of Vernazza and the Sea. Our room was spacious, modern, with a queen bed, small refrigerator, lovely bathroom. Everything was very clean and the sheets were changed every day. Christian was wonderful to deal with. He met us right outside the train station, gave us a mini tour of the town and carried our bags up the 88 steps to our room. He was never more than a phone call away and was very helpful with questions and suggestions.
We visited all five towns and Vernazza is by far the prettiest, and La Marina has a great location in the town. If you can handle the climb, the view is well worth it!

2  Thank carbour
Reviewed October 13, 2011

Martina and her very helpful father provided us an excellent place to stay in beautiful Vernazza, the jewel of Cinque Terre. We were in room 3 which is up 6 levels so be prepared for that, however once you arrive at the room, it is really quite nice. The pocket door to the bathroom opens with the slightest effort showing the kind of care put into this room. The view is breathtaking from room 3 (or was that the stairs?) We liked the large and thin towels. They were great. Plenty of storage room in the closet to settle in. The wifi was the best and easiest to use in all of our Italy stay. Martina is around every day, cleaning the rooms and helping people in and out.. Her father let us store our bags for a few extra hours so we could check out and still stay in Vernazza a little longer.

Room Tip: Maybe not the cheapest room you could find in Vernazza, but it was a perfect location overlooking th...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2011

We loved the view from our amazing room in Vernazza! Christian was very helpful and had good recommendations.

Reviewed September 11, 2011

Very quaint little place. It rained a bunch when my wife and I stayed there and there's no tv, so it forced us to be adventurous when we'd normally opt to lay around. The owner obviously works hard at keeping the place tidy. Loved the views and comfort. We highly recommend staying here. Book it early!

• Stayed: October 2010