“wish we were still there...”
Review of I Limoni di Thule

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Riomaggiore
I Limoni di Thule
Reviewed August 20, 2013

After 2 weeks of traveling Italy with the in-laws, we arrived at I Limone di Thule - pure heaven. Christina welcomed us right off the bus, carried my suitcase up the stairs, and welcomed us into the best 3 days of the trip! The studio was cozy, clean, and comfortable, with a beautiful view and little area for sitting and drinking the homemade bottle of wine her husband Alessandro offered to us. This is a perfect place to rest, close to the center of things but just removed enough from the bustle of town to be quiet. Riomaggiore is a great town to be in, lots of food and shops, very beautiful, small 'beach', and even a bus to help those of us who can't do those 400+ stairs every day! We LOVED it at I Limone di Thule, and would recommend it to anyone. It's just a perfect little getaway, and it was hard to leave. If we ever get back to Cinque Terre, I would want to stay there again - thank you, Christina and Alessandro, for your hospitality!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
limonidithule, Manager at I Limoni di Thule, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Ciao Guys, Thank you so much for the Great review! really great to meet you both,next time your in Europe, please stay Longer !-Christina

Reviewed August 9, 2013

From the moment we met Christina (who came to meet us at the train station) we knew we had made the right choice by staying here. She was a wonderful host, providing us with lots of helpful information and advice. The accommodation was clean and smart and met all our needs. The location was brilliant and the view from the balcony simply beautiful. I would not hesitate to stay here again and to recommend it to others. In fact, I would not consider staying anywhere else.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
limonidithule, Manager at I Limoni di Thule, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

Thank you guys! hope to see you again for a little longer next time- Christina

Reviewed August 3, 2013

We wanted a special place to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. I Limoni di Thule completely met and exceeded our hopes. A picture-perfect setting, the air-conditioned apartment with free Wifi and fridge (and tea maker!) is perched next to the old castle just a five-minute walk from the main street of Riomaggiore, by far our favorite village in the Cinque Terre. Christina's hospitality and kindness made us feel truly at home & helped us to get the most out of our time. Whether hiking, running, or snorkeling, or just enjoying the incredible view from our deck, we could not have asked for a better place to stay. If you're looking for a place, stop the search here. It's everything you'll need and more.

Room Tip: For a swimming pool, you'll have the amazing Ligurian Sea; for a fitness centre, you'll have...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank eandkpowell
limonidithule, Manager at I Limoni di Thule, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Eric & Kim, Thank you so much for the great review! It was great getting to know you! best wishes- Christina

Reviewed August 3, 2013

We have just finished three nights at Limoni di Thule and can strongly recommend it to anyone travelling the Cinque Terre area. The accomm is a wee hike, but it's worth it for the view, and after doing the real hike, the trek to your room seems like baby steps. Everything u need is in the room, Christina is extremely nice, we loved our stay here. My only concern was the single beds seemed quite narrow...... But then again, I'm quite big! In summary, I almost cried when I saw our room because it was so divine! Thank you so much Christina!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you so much Fiona! Great to have you as a guest, and I hope your having a fabulous time in Florence- hope to see you again!- Christina

Reviewed July 31, 2013

This place was astonishing! We will always remember the fantastic view and the feeling of genuine warmth. Christina is a great hostess, she picked us up at the train station and also gave us some homemade wine. Delicious! We had planned to stay for 2 nights but we stayed 3 instead. The steps up to I Limoni is steep but worth it. We enjoyed being able to cook and to sit on our own terrace. We will definitely come back and tell all of our friends and family of this place!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank MarinaHu
limonidithule, Manager at I Limoni di Thule, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Marina, Thank you so much for all your praises, my job becomes easy when i have guests like you two! best wishes and i really hope to see you both again....Christina

Reviewed July 30, 2013

we stayed in the appartement for 3 nights and it was absolutely beautiful. The rooms are very clean and nice. Christina is amazing- very friendly and helpful. We are looking forward to come to 5 terre again and we will absolutely stay again in the "I Limoni di Thule"! If you chose the "I Limoni di Thule" you will be very happy!!!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you Gill for the great review! I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us, hope to see you next time your visiting the Cinque Terre! -Christina

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Such a wonderful place to have as a base while travelling in Cinque Terre! The view is gorgeous like everyone has said, but the personal attention that Christina provides at I Limoni is what makes this place so wonderful!! She had everything we needed to make our stay just perfect!!

We chose the room, but if you take the flat, you could cook your own supper and sit outside in a little garden and enjoy the view with a book and a glass of wine!!

The property is at the top of a hill, but Christina was so sweet she came to pick us up at the train station with her car so we didn't have to lug everything up ourselves!!

Our only minor complaint, which is actually something I had noted at multiple different places throughout Italy, was the temperature of the water in the showers. It was always too hot or too cold and it seemed to constantly fluctuate! Either that, or I really don't know how to work the European showers!

Aside from this, I Limoni was perfect in every other way and would love to go back again in the future!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sheila514
limonidithule, Manager at I Limoni di Thule, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Thank you very much for the kind review sheila, its great for us to get the feedback.. All the vey best and hope to see you again if you come back to the Cinque Terre! Christina.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Riomaggiore
Locanda del Sole
#15 of 20 in Monterosso al Mare
Alla Marina
Alla Marina
#1 of 32 in Riomaggiore

Been to I Limoni di Thule? Share your experiences!