“Very good (thrice)”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: +39 0187920487
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We went here on our first night in riomaggiore, and loved it. We got take-away there on the second night and ate there again on the third. We like to try new places in each town but couldn't see the need to here. Food was great, as was the wine recommended to us. It was a warm environment, the staff were very friendly/helpful and the price was reasonable. A must try is the nutella focaccia for dessert. It's meant for 2 but could feed 4 If needed.

1  Thank Dion W

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Delicious pasta & pizza (try the pesto ones!) & wonderful wine (my boyfriend and I had two bottles of Cinque Terre superiore, one of the best wines I had in Italy!!!). The staff was very nice too. Highly recommended

Reviewed September 3, 2012

A quick lunch turned out be a pleasure. The food was plain and good. The pizza thin and crispy, the pasta tastfull. The sevice pleasant. A good reward if after a stroll upwards.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

Wonderful food, and very friendly and helpful staff with their recommendations. We tried LaLampara which was just okay. But the pizza and pasta at Veiciu Muin was hot, fresh and great crust. We reserved a table because anytime after 7:30 it's busy. My 14year old son ordered the Rocola pizza which was fabulous and we ordered one to-go, which he is munching on now as we watch the Olympics. The owner is on site and very personable. Tomorrow we are returning and can't wait to try the pasta which looked divine!

Reviewed July 22, 2012

My brother and I (low 20s) were seated promptly and ordered beers and an appetizer to start. The waiter then said that we could not do that and had to order it all together even though we had no clue what we wanted. She stood over us as we quickly scanned through the menu and ordered two pasta dishes that she highly recommended.
Meanwhile 3 English speaking girls sat next to us about 10 min later. They laughed and talked to the waiter and then ordered (about 10 min after us). After a loong wait the 3 girls food came out while my brother and I had only our beers. The waiter apologized to the girls but not to us, and then proceeded to creepily flirt with all of them.
While this as happening our food finally came out and it was terrible. My simple dish of tri pasta was entirely stuck together and overcooked. One of the pastas was merely "olive oil" sauce. My brothers dish was a small bowl of what looked like microwaved college-student prepared pasta with pre sliced ham.
During our meal 2 (yes two!) waiters asked the girls how their meal was while a few feet away my brother and I jokingly would answer their question as if they actually were giving us any attention.
Finally the waiter got real creepy and bought the girls a bottle of wine and poured himself a glass of wine and they all cheersed, all while his back was to us half an armslength away.

Extremely dull, bland, and flat out unejoyable food, terrible service, and sketchy waiter (possibly the owner?) made it a super frustrating and awful meal.
I would only recommend going here if you are a young, attractive, not hungry, but ready to be hit on a middle-aged man kinda meal.
Ps my brother had the house wine and he said it wasn't bad.

1  Thank Redskins703