“Fresh, Excellent Seafood”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Really fresh and well prepared food with excellent service. One of the few places we ate at twice while travelling in Italy. The seafood dishes were excellent, especially the sea bass. I thought it was much better food than restaurants that charged twice as much in Venice and Rome.

1  Thank Mpxlcts
Write a ReviewReviews (1,444)

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Just returned from a trip to this wonderful place - this restaurant opposite our apartment. Excellent value for money. Two course meal for €20 including pasta with fresh anchovies and sea bass. Simply cooked to go with excellent local house wine. We will return.

1  Thank Lynne R
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We had just arrived in Riomaggiore and walked down the stairs from our room. Just down the stairs and through the door, we found this restaurant. They were closed for the afternoon, so we went for a short walk. When we got back to the restaurant, they had just opened for dinner and the patio was already filling up. We lucked out and got the last table on the patio. We had a view, and the best seafood I've ever had. I had the anchovies and pasta. I have never had fresh anchovies before and it was such a treat. My mouth is watering as I type this - 4 months later. The service was friendly. Yes, it's a little pricey. But completely worth it. I will never forget this wonderful meal.
Make reservations or show up right when they open to see if you can get a seat. This place is very popular and I'm so amazed that we were able to get a patio table with a view of the harbor.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Although this was probably the most expensive meal we had while in the Cinque Terre it was definitely the best! Great location near the water, friendly service and delicious seafood. I had the scampi dumplings and then shared the lobster linguini with my partner and it was all fantastic. Good sized serves and great wine as well. Highly recommended, great place for a romantic night out.

1  Thank jessw188
Reviewed January 6, 2013

As luck would have it this was right below my room (saved me from having to go look for it). They were very busy and I had not booked but I did get a table eventually. The service was average but the food was fantastic, unfortunatly it was at the end of the night so I think that contributed to the poor service. Not only was the food great but the price was pretty good considering how popular this restaurant is and is often highly recommended.