We stayed at Hotel Margherita on a recent trip to Cinque Terre. Located in the old town, it is on the central shopping strip and a very easy walk from the station - not up hill like many others.
Room was small but clean and comfortable. Deserved a much high rating than the 3 stars it has. The room was recently renovated and is well presented.
The real attraction was the helpfulness of the staff - particularly Vanessa. She was great in showing us how to get places even though a number of roads and paths were closed due to landslides in the area.
There are a number of restaurants nearby and although many were closed for winter, we were able to try a couple of different ones during our stay.
Breakfast selection was great - typical European spread of fruits, pastries, cereals and meats/cheeses.
A couple of things taking my rating from 5 down to 4... The room was quite small with not a lot of room for bags etc. The walls were quite thin so we could hear our neighbours conversations. The mattress was quite firm, though we understand this is common in European hotels.
An excellent stop otherwise and would return and recommend to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Margherita is at your disposal to make your stay pleasant and relaxing, in a tasteful and comfortable environment. Located in the center of the historic town of Monterosso, we are just a few steps from the beaches, touristic port, trails, local shops and many restaurants to choose from. Our courteous Reception and Management staff, are always at your disposal to provide you with all the information needed for the famous hiking trails, tours by boat and train transportation within the park of the Cinque Terre. After the mudslide that hit Monterosso in October 2011, the hotel has been completely renovated. The hotel has a common living area with free Wi-Fi, satellite tv, bar and private patio that looks out onto the old fascinating town of Monterosso. In the morning you can enjoy a delicious breakfast in our inviting breakfast room, where you can find a wide variety of choices from our breakfast buffet.All of our rooms are equipped with air-conditioning, satellite tv, telephone, Wi-Fi access, mini fridge and safe. All rooms have private bathrooms with a shower and hair dryer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Margherita reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Margherita Hotel Monterosso Al Mare
- Hotel Margherita Monterosso Al Mare, Cinque Terre, Italy