We loved our stay in Monterosso, and especially our stay at Albergo Marina. We stayed for 4 nights in June, 2008 and it was everything we hoped it would be. The staff is so welcoming and warm (and speak english) that we immediately felt at home. We had 2 rooms, one on the street side and the other with a view of the lemon terrace with a balcony. They were clean and bright with a large bathroom. Very satisified with the rooms. The other reviews are accurate in describing the welcome back buffet - fabulous! We enjoyed our meals there just as much, if not more, than going to a restaurant in town. I didn't miss having an ocean view. I much preferred to have the in town atmosphere. It was so peaceful in the evenings. I enjoyed just looking out my window to watch the locals talk, walk their dogs, do their laundry, etc.
In regards to Monterosso itself, my family of 5 enjoyed it the most of the 5 towns. Perhaps you are partial to the town you are staying in because you get to experience it without all of the tourists, but even during the day, we felt very much at home and enjoyed the big beach (even on the old town side!), shopping and just walking the many paths around the town up into the hills. Stay here if you want to feel like you are a part of Monterosso!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LOCATION Hotel Marina, just redone, is located in the historical center of Monterosso al Mare where even with just a few days or a little time, you can breathe the charachteristic air of the Cinque Terre. We are close to small shops in very quiet street just steps away for the best cafes, pizzerias and resteraunts in Monterosso. We are just 100 meters form the rotected seaside and beaches, form the trails and the ferries. It is possible to hike to all of the five villages, go snorkeling and mountain biking all on foot form our central location LEISURE ACTIVITES You can go hiking on the trails along the Cinque Terre, you can join local boat trips or swim in our wonderful sea, which is a protected sanctuary. With us you have free use of beach towels, snorkels and flippers, a solarium, ROOMS Hotel Marina offers ensuite facilities in all or our 25 rooms also including, 28 satellite TV, telephone, hair dryer, safe, air conditioning, and frigobar. Double triple and Quadruple rooms can also be accomodates with all seperate twin beds, however this must be requested and confirmed before arrival ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Albergo Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albergo Marina Hotel Monterosso Al Mare
- Albergo Marina Monterosso Al Mare, Cinque Terre, Italy