Albergo Marina was the last place we stayed on our recent 10-day journey around Italy and was easily our favorite! I wanted to bring my husband back to Cinque Terre where I came alone about 7 years ago. It's such a beautiful part of Italy and I knew our time there would be amazing. One of the highlights this time, however, was our wonderful little Hotel Marina. As other people have stated, make sure you stay in the Olde Town side of Monterosso (much quainter, quieter and prettier than the new side where I stayed the last time). I think we lucked out and got the best room in the entire hotel (#465). We were up on the top floor (right next to the beautiful outside Lemon Garden Terrace) and our room had a gorgeous view of the sea. Additionally, our room was very spatious, lovely bathroom, nice flat-screen TV on the wall and a comfy bed. We slept amazingly in this little room (no noise, great air conditioner and cozy bedding).
Everyone raves about the breakfast and early evening "snacks" here...and it's true. It's all delicious and an AMAZING spread of food. We only went out for an actual paid dinner one night because the other evenings we filled up on the yummy food at Marina's little restaurant...for FREE! And the food was different every day. So delicious.
Breakfast was amazing too.
If you're going to spend a day at the beach, make sure to check out their big closet room filled with flippers, snorkels, towels, beach mats, rafts, etc... Our day at the beach was so fun with all this free gear to take with us.
You can't go wrong staying here at Marina's. It was the most comfortable and best-priced place of all our hotels in Italy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LOCATION Hotel Marina, just redone, is located in the historical center of Monterosso al Mare where even with just a few days or a little time, you can breathe the charachteristic air of the Cinque Terre. We are close to small shops in very quiet street just steps away for the best cafes, pizzerias and resteraunts in Monterosso. We are just 100 meters form the rotected seaside and beaches, form the trails and the ferries. It is possible to hike to all of the five villages, go snorkeling and mountain biking all on foot form our central location LEISURE ACTIVITES You can go hiking on the trails along the Cinque Terre, you can join local boat trips or swim in our wonderful sea, which is a protected sanctuary. With us you have free use of beach towels, snorkels and flippers, a solarium, ROOMS Hotel Marina offers ensuite facilities in all or our 25 rooms also including, 28 satellite TV, telephone, hair dryer, safe, air conditioning, and frigobar. Double triple and Quadruple rooms can also be accomodates with all seperate twin beds, however this must be requested and confirmed before arrival ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Albergo Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albergo Marina Hotel Monterosso Al Mare
- Albergo Marina Monterosso Al Mare, Cinque Terre, Italy