“Don't let the stairs scare you!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Monterosso al Mare
Manuel's Guest House
Reviewed September 26, 2013

The views are worth it! Lorenzo is there to help you carry your luggage up and they provided the best service of our trip! It was great to sit on the terrace and have focaccia for breakfast....I'm still thinking about it! They are so nice and hospitable and I will be back!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 24, 2013

My husband and I recently visited Monterosso and were blown away by this beautiful, quaint town in Cinque Terre. The 126 steps up to our room and Manuel's guest house only added to the charm and experience of staying there. (By the end of your stay we promise you the steps won't seem so long and the more you climb them, the more guilt-free gelato you can have!!) Not only are the views amazing from the top, the room was clean and well appointed with all the creature comforts you may need. As much as you may want to sleep in, it's almost impossible to keep your eyes closed and miss the sunrises over the sea each morning. Not only that, but we could hardly wait to get to the terrace where breakfast was served by Giovani and Lorenzo his son. Giovanni's cappuccinos are works of art and he serves them with the biggest smile on his face. Even though his English is limited his smile speaks volumes and you can tell that he truly enjoys serving his guests. Lorenzo packs your bags up and down the steps effortlessly and does an excellent job of getting you settled in and providing all the information you may need. At the end of each day, we looked forward to seeing Giovani again for a cocktail on the terrace and swapping stories of the day's adventures with the other guests. Even though we found Manuel's guest house on Trip Advisor, we can see why Rick Steve's includes it in his Italy travel book. It is a true gem in Italy!!!

1  Thank Brian H
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Without a doubt, our stay at Manuel's Guest House fully justifies the description of 'benissimo'. Of course you have to climb the steps to get such a wonderful view over the town, coast and sea - but it's well worth it. The lack of cars in the town gives the place a very timeless feel. Breakfast on the terrace is spent in complete relaxation, enjoying the plentiful coffee and prosciutto. In the evening, on the terrace, we tried a glass of the local wine and were surprised to see 'chips' and a large tray of fruit brought out for us. Giovanni was so attentive and cheerful and Lorenzo was 'magnifico'! Manuel's Guest House is an absolute gem.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I booked this hotel because of the existing wonderful reviews on Trip Advisor and from Rick Steves and I have to say it was even better than expected. The view from the little patio off our room was like being in a make believe land when the trains went through town and the bells from the church's rang! Eating breakfast and afternoon drinks with Giovani on the patio only made the stay all that much better! He was such a wonderful host! As to the trip to get there, I saw the 120+ steps as a great opportunity to work off all the wonderful Italian food and wine I was consuming!! If you aren't afraid of a little exercise you should book your stay at Manuel's!!

1  Thank JodiDH503
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We booked Manuel's after the great reviews on Tripadvisor and it exceeded my expectations. The rooms were spacious and clean and they looked newly refurbished. We stayed in a room without a balcony and we had a great view! We often sat out on the terrace where you have breakfast so I didnt feel like we missed out on the balcony experience.. Yes there are a lot of stairs but Lorenzo is available to help you with your luggage and the hospitality provided by Lorenzo and his father Giovanni is momorable and well worth the stairs :) We had a perfect stay there and Im so glad we chose Monterosso as our base in the Cinque Terre. If we ever go back to Cinque Terre, I would no doubt choose Manuels again. Giovanni even packed us a breakfast bag for our early morning journey..Thank you for a lovely stay. Ciao!

1  Thank Julide_G84
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I knew I was going to like staying at Manuel's Guesthouse from the research I did before my trip, but it was even better than I had expected. We did not get a chance to see much of Lorenzo, but Giovanni was an incredibly gracious host. We had a blast conversing with him on the patio at breakfast and again at the end of long day. He was always quick with a smile and the offer of more chips, prosciutto, fruit, or just about anything you could think of.

The view down over Monterosso was beautiful, and the rooms very clean and comfortable even though they were fairly basic. The cost of only 120 Euros per night was the best bargain of our 2 week trip through Italy and Spain. We only left Cinque Terre 2 weeks ago but already miss Giovanni and Manuel's Guesthouse. If we ever make it back, I know where I will be staying.

Room Tip: Spend the extra 20 Euros for a room with a balcony view of the water.