Our party of 2 couples stayed here in Sept 2011. Dealing with Jon and Raffaella via email was so easy. Jon was standing in the doorway ready to welcome us upon arrival. Very close to the entry to Monterosso town - easy walk. If you have a car, parking is easy to find - just avoid the blue lines (for local or short-stay paying); walk further up the hill and park in white line spaces for free. Bit of a hike but drop your luggage off at the bottom and then go and park the car - quite safe.
Our rooms were up 1 flight of stairs - very clean and comfortable with a balcony overlooking the street below. A lovely continental breakfast was served onsite for 5 euros but there is no shortage of eateries in the town. Very pretty town - both an old part and new part, with a beautiful harbour.
The B & B had a very pretty terrace on the rooftop - there was a drinks fridge, glasses etc - and enjoying pre-dinner drinks with antipasto was just heaven before venturing out for a seafood dinner - and more wonderful 'house wine' - never had a dodgy drop of this all over northern Italy - and it's so cheap.
Train is very handy to take you up and down the Cinque Terra and even to Pisa. We started our walk from Corniglia - Vernazza - Monterosso; quite steep in parts but spectacularly picturesque - that's why you are there isn't it??!! Going the other way, the initial steep climb from Monterosso we were warned about, and really felt for the folk who struggled up as we were going down - be warned!
Vernazza is a lovely little town with a harbour - best pizza in whole of our trip was eaten, freshly made, from an eatery on the corner of the street where the Corniglia walk crosses over to join the Monterosso walk - look out for it.
Loved our trip to the Cinque Terra and would highly recommend Monterosso - bit bigger, and flatter - and L'Antica Terrazza.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- L'Antica Terrazza is a small and cosy Bed & Breakfast located in the middle of the historic center of Monterosso al Mare in Cinque Terre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your L'Antica Terrazza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- l`Antica Terrazza Hotel Monterosso Al Mare
- L'Antica Terrazza Monterosso Al Mare, Cinque Terre, Italy