“Great menu”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Il Piccolo has a very broad menu with excellent thin crust pizzas. We ate there two nights during our 4 night stay in Monterosso. The vino della casa (house wine) is excellent. Serving size of pasta w/pesto and potato was significantly smaller than the portion size of spaghetti w/scampi or spaghetti w/seafood. Stuffed anchovies were not fishy and not salty, very tasty. Panna Cotta - excellent desert and very artistically presented. Suggestion - Stop at the adjacent THE NET Internet point for excellent Internet service provided by Enzo, and ask him for the 10% discount card for Il Piccolo

Reviewed June 23, 2013

The food is simple, lovely, and very reasonably priced - probably my cheapest dinner in Monterosso.
The wait staff are friendly, speak good english and great at making suggestions.
I had the Corzetti pasta(Ligurian speciality pasta with fresh anchovies, pine nuts, bread crumbs, raisins and fennel seed) with a side of salad. I was completely stuffed between that and 500ml of lovely local wine (which was only 6euros).
A great place for simple food - especially the pastas. Note though that the kitchen closes by 9.30 usually.

Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

I was staying in Monterosso and had experienced a few restaurants not giving me a table as I was single, or giving me a rubbish table and poor service. Not at Il Piccollo Diavolo! I had a great table out in the lane and the service was really warm and friendly. The prices seemed good as well.

I had Carpaccio di Manzo to start. It was a generous portion size and was really lovely; good balance of Parmesan, rocket and balsamic. I had a primi piatti as my main; trofie agli scampi. I also ordered a veg side but the waitress said it would be too much food, which I appreciated a lot of places would just be happy to take the money! The trofie agli scampi had more scampi in it than previous places, the sauce was a little spicy as well which was great!

The waitresses were really lovely and very patient with my (bad) attempts at Italian.

I had pannacotta to finish with caramel sauce, delicious.

All in all for my three courses, coffee and half litre of house wine it cost 33 Euro; which stemmed the best value so far.

Oh and the espresso was the best I've had so far in Monterosso!

I'll definitely go back :)

Reviewed June 4, 2013

We absolutely loved the wonderful recipes, glorious flavors, and personal service that we found each visit to Il Piccolo Diavolo. To sum up a series of fabulous meals, we ate 2 dinners and 1 lunch here, our dream would be to move this restaurant to where we live in Sacramento. This Restaurant clearly provided the broadest range of menu items, including healthy options, that we found in Italy.

Moreover, the Chef/Owner's "House Special" is a pie-like dessert that was marvelous...in fact, we continue to crave this glorious dessert. In addition, the bread is baked onsite daily, and is far and away the best we found in Italy.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

This place was excellent. Our family of two adults and two kids absolutely loved the food here. We even came back our 2nd night to eat it again. The Seafood Spaghetti was amazing and a bit spicy. Just loved it. Kids shared an order of spaghetti bolognese. My husband had the pizza and even the bread and olive oil was excellent. Service was also friendly. I agree, this rating should be higher on the list! Do not miss this place!!